whats happens when you have 7 codes

evecentral

I have a 93 jeep wrang 4.0 manual transmission, and it runs like crap. tried changing the arternator and batt after nothing over 12 volatage showed even after running. pulled the trouble codes and got a code for every sensor i had it it said that each and every sensor had high or low voaltage and wasnt fuctioning everyone says computer were can i get one cheep for this model anyone help. thanks :-x [addsig]

I do not know what the codes are, but if you have replaced the alternator and battery, you need to tell us why. Does the gauge not show enough voltage? is the alternator not charging the battery? Is your battery drained after a few days of running it? What else is it doing? Why did you change the alternator and battery? Have you checked the wiring from the battery to the starter to the alternator? You may have a fusible link burned out if it is not charging. The computer is not responsible for the charging system. I am not saying that the ECM (computer) is good, but what you are describing is not the computers fault. It may have been damaged when you had your electrical malfunction, but you need to fix the malfunction before spending $300+ on a part you may not need. You are going to want to trust me on this. I speak from experience. Let me give you some advice. If you are not comfortable working and inspecting the electrical system, go to a mechanic and tell them that your electrical system is not charging (if that is the case, I'm still not sure if you meant that). DO NOT tell them about the codes. They will most likely inspect the electrical system and the will find the problem. Once the problem is fixed, wait and see if your ECM goes back to normal (50+ miles of driving would be fine) it will need some time to reset itself. I am not too familiar with the DC ECM, so if you need to, go to AutoZone and have them reset your computer (erase codes) Then we will go from them and diagnose your problem. If you want help, please asnwer our questions and we will be happy to help you out. It is difficult to help you if we do not know what the symptoms are. Let us know what you will be doing.-Al[addsig]

codes are 12,21,22,23,24,55 jeeps runs but awful voltage indicator only indicates battery voltage nothing from the arternator. checked for volatge right out of the arternator and nothing. so, yeau the charging system is not working. the only thing that even looks out of place is the 4 wires comming out of the o2 sensore plug the got burnt and shorted. i now have to connect two of these wires just for it to start. I also have to pull several vacuum lines to allow it to idel high enough. I dont think my jeep has a fusible link . not sure though.
Code Description

12 battery power to PCM was disconnected

21 oxygen sensor input voltage maintained above normal operating range

22 engine coolant sensor input above max. acceptable voltage

23 intake air temp. sensor input above min. acceptable voltage

24 throttle position sensor input above max. acceptable voltage

55 end of codes code
hope this helps[addsig]

I know the charging system is a differnt problem. But The computer runs so alful and i can pull every sensor plugs and it contius to run the same thats why i thought it was the computer. I replace the generator and battery becuase my voltage indicator was reading low voltage. Ill be honest with you i can check electronic but im not very good at it. just basic testing skill (finding short)checking continuity) thoughs types skills nothing major.only thing i know is i have no paresitic drain and im pretty sure batt and generator are good. ran so good berfor arternator battery terminal came loose and casuse quite a few sparks and o2 sensor plug fried. sinse then shit[addsig]

Code Description

21 oxygen sensor input voltage maintained above normal operating range

22 engine coolant sensor input above max. acceptable voltage

23 intake air temp. sensor input above min. acceptable voltage

24 throttle position sensor input above max. acceptable voltage

You've only got 4 codes, you can ignore the first and last. Try this:
  • Install a new o2 sensor with all wires connected
  • Clean or replace the manifold air temp sensor, whichever fixes the problem. I've had luck cleaning the end of the sensor
  • Replace or clean the throttle position sensor, whichever fixes the problem, probably replacement.

Once you do the above, disconnect the battery for about 5 min, so the computer can reset the tripped codes. Many times it's a domino effect, you fix one problem and it may take care of several codes.[addsig]

I did what you tried replaced all sensors reset computer but no change. what shoul my next step be the jeep wont run good enough to go anywhere so i can drive it to have it tested. thanks[addsig]

the only thing that even looks out of place is the 4 wires comming out of the o2 sensore plug the got burnt and shorted. i now have to connect two of these wires just for it to start. I also have to pull several vacuum lines to allow it to idel high enough.

Doesn't sound like you've tried everything. Replace that o2 with a new one with good wires. Careful what vacuum you disconnect, the MAP sensor uses vacuum from the intake manifold. The MAP sensor is mounted on the firewall directly behind the engine.

Check your IAC motor and clean the housing, it's your Idle Air Control, may be the cause of your poor idle.

Watch the language, this is a fairly clean board, that stuff belongs elsewhere :-D [addsig]

Okay, great info. Now we can get started working on it. Bounty's advice was exactly what I was going to ask you to do. Now, you need to fix the charging system peroblem first. My guess is that you probably blew out a fusible link. You electrical skill will be more than enough for this task. I need you to follow the all the wires that go from the battery to the starter and then the wire(s) that go from the starter to the battery. this includes any smaller wires that get insulated with tape or whatever. If you come across with a wire that seems too dark or burned, touch it and see if it is in fact fried. Or better yet, get a repair manual and look for the fusible links in your Jeepa and check them all. Another possability is that you burned out a fuse. I am sure you have checked both the inside panel and the one under the hood. Let us know if you find something with the wiring. You will have to look really close to find this broken fusible link. Hey if you are lucky, the fusible link will have broken itself bad enough that you won't miss it. Happy hunting!-al[addsig]

Also, make sure your battery is fully charged. Don' be working on your Jeep with a dead battery. I really think it is a fusible link or a componenet that does the same thing as a fusible link. Anybody know if there are fusible link in a 93 Wrangler?
  • [addsig]

well ive been kicked out of the house. Im 18 if anyone cares and i have to have a running vehicle soo im going to try to replace the o2 sensor plug and if that dosnt fix it then im forced to sell as is. If anyone has a good running consistant vehicle willing to trade for a JEEP AND I MEAN a great llooking jeep with new motor but some minor electrical problems let me know - ill take anythings that runs good i have to get a job now crutch rocket car whatever. I hate to do this
the cheap it worth 5500 in running condition

blue wrangler
4.0 manual transmission
new motor with 70k miles on it
cd player sound bar
softtop
32" mud kings
americian racing rims
4" of total lift
pioneer speakers
116k miles on jeep

let me know promis it wont last more then a day or two prepared to take a major loss i wouldnt do this if i diddnt have to make me an offer or deal[addsig]

I live in bethel ohio, i would give anything to keep the jeep but i cant fix the problem it just wot run ive tried everything except buying a 02 sensor plug. see the jeep ran fine without a o2 sennsor just rich. but the plug that pluged into it shorted against tthe exhaust manifold shorted and now i dont know what to do and i have to get some wheels so i can get a job . does anyone think just buying the new plug that plugs into the o2 sensor will help lean it out so it will run bettwer. it just seems to me that would do nothing. but maybee it does......[addsig]

Back