Wierd Clicking Sound

brown291

I notice that whenever I turn the ignition switch off, I can hear the clicking sound as if the turning signal is on..
again, the vehicle is off when the sound starts...The clicking will last for about (30) seconds and then it will stop, and then it will resume again...The vehicle is a 1997 Jeep wrangler..
Any Ideas or suggestion would be helpful thanks..

X2 with Summer. Try to isolate where it's coming from. There should be several Relays located on the power distribution center under the hood.

I was able to peak under the panel...There is a wire that is hanging with a red bub that is blinking, it seems to be creating the clicking sound but how do I know which relay is the right one?

Sounds like the previous owner had a alarm because you can hear the relay click in my box for about 30 secs when set off, as you mentioned a red light blinking.

Yup! it's an aftermarket alarm system. There should be a black box attached to that red LED lamp. You can remove that if you wish. If it's a non intrusive system, it should just be spliced in to the ignition wiring. For the most part, just unplug it and re-connect the ignition wires that was previously routed to the alarm module .

I'm curious as to why all of sudden the clicking has just started I have the vehicle for quite some time....Anyway I will follow your advice, thanks guys...

Don't worry when i bought mine i didn't know it had one either til it started clicking like 3 weeks later

Yup! it's an aftermarket alarm system. There should be a black box attached to that red LED lamp. You can remove that if you wish. If it's a non intrusive system, it should just be spliced in to the ignition wiring. For the most part, just unplug it and re-connect the ignition wires that was previously routed to the alarm module .
Thank you, Thank you, No applause please haha

Back