Will tire fit on stock rim?

thomasw

Hello everyone, quick question my friends and i are debating over, I just orders the XJ budget boost from rusty, 1.75 spacers on the front and add-a-leaf's on the back, i want to put 30x9.5x15 Bridgestone dueler a/t revo's on the STOCK 1997 rims....right now i have dayton timberline 235x75x15........will i be able to fit the 30's on my stock rim or will i need to get a wider/bigger rim? thanks guys :D

14 Bolt

i think you will be alright with the stock rims...........however if you go any larger you need to go to a 15x8

Well, thinking about it in great detail to myself, im wondering if my jeep is going to look pretty stupid being lifted and having 30x9.5x15 that are tall but not wide (im assuming 9.5 is equal to the width of my 235x75x15), id rather not spend the extra 400 dollars on new rims whats everyone's take on this

so if i get a 15x9.5 rim and still get the 30x9.5x15's thats gonna make the tires "look" wider or stick out *just a little bit* rather than putting the new tires on my stock rims....am i correct ?? :idea:

The 9.5" wide rim is WAY too wide for that tire. Stick with 7" or at most an 8" rim. 9.5" is the tread width, the tire is much narrower at the beads. Too wide of a rim and you'll be damaging the lip of the wheel.

yeah after proofreading my messages and thinking back to myself "9.5s are way to wide" woops.. i think im having the most trouble deciding on the actual rim, i saw the 15x8(not 9.5 :)) mickey thompson classic II on quadratec i want a rim that looks tough but not cadillac bling bling or anything haha know of any websites that has a good selection of rims for what im lookin for ? thanks for your help btw

i run 30x9.5x15's on my stock rims.. you'll be fine.. they are a good fit. should not see any rubbing either...

Back