winch...? do ya think?

yjdave

Just got it done. Too much? not enough? I was thinking about having the fairlead powdercoated next. Maybe a little to showy.

Attachments

• 100_0762.jpg
    100_0762.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 117

I like it since it matches your Jeep. are you going to powder coat the fairlead black? That whould me suggestion.
Other than that looks great

i say rattle can the fairlead. if you pay to get it powdercoated, the first time you use the winch its going to start to chip, and powdercoat continues to chip all over, not like paint. if you rattle can it flat black or something, you can just touch it up as need be whenever you want.

The rollers dont get painted, only the frame. I'm leaning towards black to match the bumber and winch mount.

I wouldnt even bother to paint the fairlead. I was going to paint mine but figured why since the paint will get chipped off when I use the winch. Red looks good though nice choice.

:agree:

Just wish mine said/was "Warn"............:( :(

Don't waste your money on P-coat unless you have an oven out back or a line in on getting it done cheap. Sidenote if I had it to do over again I wouldn't have P-coated my rockrails or corners.

Rollerfairlead would look nice but not for $170 which was the minimum p-coat charge at the shop I went to.

Nice looking set up though!

actually I wouldn't just paint it since its in the front and it WILL get hit with rocks and other road debris I would look for a self etching spray on bed liner in black (I have that on my front bumper).
It takes a lot more abuse that rattle can black does and its easy to touch up since the black wrinkle blends right in.

Jeepnutz said:
Don't waste your money on P-coat unless you have an oven out back or a line in on getting it done cheap. Sidenote if I had it to do over again I wouldn't have P-coated my rockrails or corners.

Rollerfairlead would look nice but not for $170 which was the minimum p-coat charge at the shop I went to.

Nice looking set up though!

Actually i had all 8 pcs done for only $75.00 > Thats was w/ me taking it apart though.....Touching up powder coat is the crappy part, but the factory grey from WARN completely flaked off and i didnt want to look at it anymore. I might just leave the fairlead alone for now. Plus spent all my $$ on the red and soon to be new cable.

mud4feet said:
:agree:

Just wish mine said/was "Warn"............:( :(

........LOL..............As long as it pulls ur butt out of a sticky spot doesn't matter what names on it.

Back