winch mounting plate............

Pcoz88

I would like to make my own winch mounting plate,to save 125$.I know i could make one.I just need plans or a good picture of one.Mile Marker 9000# winch.Thank-you . :-O :-( Winches are $$$$ enough without having to add a winch plate.[addsig]

i dont know how to make one b/c i didnt do mine but it is just a 1/4 inch piece of steel that has holes drilled in it and mounded to the frame[addsig]

I would say to put a large hole in a plate of steel.... then mount it to the bumper/frame with one large bolt... that way, you can loosen the bolt and use the winch on a swivel... that is if you mount it far enough away from the body... i've seen this done with a hand winch... that way, if the nearest recovery point is not straight ahead, you can pull your jeep away to any angle[addsig]

You want the winch mounted to as many solid frame points as possible. I used 1/4" steel that covered the entire frame area from the grille to the front bumper and rail to rail. Use the stock threaded holes in the frame to attach with 1/2" grade 8 bolts. These are the stock tow hook points, where the bumper mounts and the two holes directly behind them, under the plastic frame cover.

Here's some pics of my homemade winch plate using two 1/4" steel pieces, 7"x34". My winch mounts vertically, and yours should mount at the base, so you won't need the heavily reinforced upright. You may need a small upright at the front to mount a fairlead to, wether it be roller like mine or hawse.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png
[addsig]

Thanks everybody.Thank-you Bounty_Hunter for the pic's.they'll come in handy!!!! :) :-D [addsig]

Back