winches

txbill

which is the best warn,ramsey,tmax havr warn bumper on front,also will i need warn winch plate when mounting?

All I know is you can't go wrong with Warn. I don't know much about the other brands though.

RE: imagestation rant

I've always had good luck with Warn. Mine has a Warn winch plate from quadratec, but a buddy is building his own. I've known others with Ramsey's who had no complaints. I think they run a little less than Warn. I personally like the low profile with lower amperage usage. They are a little slower than the others.

For a SWB Jeep a good 8K lb winch will have plenty of power to get you out of most situations. A roller fairlead is adviseable.

Which one is best? That's a good question, but a better question is: Which one is best for you?

A cheap winch may suffice for the occaisional trail ride and winter weather but if you do a lot of offroading then spend the extra cash and buy quality like Warn or Ramsey.

If your warn bumper is a winch bumper then it should accept most winches without an additional plate. If it is not then you will need a plate.

Many of the $399 import winches will fit a Warn mount, they generally have the same footprint.

Like TC said, an inexpensive winch may suffice for very intermittent use, but get a Warn if you want to buy your first last winch at the same time, and want it to work well every time.

MileMarker seems to be a good fit and machine, in the ones I have on VEX F & R. I lost interest in Warn years ago and Ramsey ate gears. Just my experience

Robert

yjdave said:
There's only one winch here in the NW..................WARN

Yep. Everyone I know uses Warn. Never had one fail on the trail either.

i know that warn and ramsey have been around a long time but here you go warn pulls quicker but drains a battery faster and ramsey pulls slower but will help with the battery

I'm Back

TwistedCopper said:
For a SWB Jeep a good 8K lb winch will have plenty of power to get you out of most situations. A roller fairlead is adviseable.

Which one is best? That's a good question, but a better question is: Which one is best for you?

A cheap winch may suffice for the occaisional trail ride and winter weather but if you do a lot of offroading then spend the extra cash and buy quality like Warn or Ramsey.

Yeah.......what he said. 8)

Back