Windshield Install

Sunbow

I ordered a windshield frame, speed glass, and gaskets for my CJ-7, and I'm wondering if I can install the glass myself? Anybody have any tips on how to do it?

Thanks,

Sunbow

83 CJ-7, 258, T5, Dana300, Ford Ignition, Nutter Bypass[addsig]

Great Link...Thanks!

Sunbow
83 CJ-7, 258, T5, Dana300, Ford Ignition, Nutter Bypass

edited by: Sunbow, Jun 04, 2003 - 12:24 AM[addsig]

I know an ol pro at this and he uses curtin rod cord to manage the same operation. The weed wacker line would be just the same only maybe better. Great link there Jonzey! tug[addsig]

I didn't feel like reading the link, but here's what I did. First make sure that both halves of your windshield frame meet up where they are pinch welded together in the glass opening. Mine was not stamped out just right and it cost me a windshield and alot of time before I realized it. If not, file it down and touch it up. Use a strong string in the rubber channel that recieves the lip from the windshield. Also lube up the rubber lip that flaps over on the inside of the windshield with WD-40, it's worth it, evaps. after a little while, no problem. Have a buddy hold in the windshield from the outside while you are on the inside pulling the strings out, but make sure you start from the bottom and work your way up with the string. Adjust the windshield the whole duration of the project in the direction it needs to go as you pull the flap over, it'll bust on you if you don't, trust me. Take your time and look it over cause it's a pain to take out a windshield that's 1/8 th off from going in. Good luck...Mikey[addsig]

Back