Wish me luck! ("me" as in "us")

Joopin

Super Moderator
Ever since I got my jeep and started wheelin', my brother has caught the bug and wants a Jeep. He is on a limited budget though so for the past couple of months we have been looking for a wrangler 91 or newer with a 4.0 and a 5spd. (thats what he wants). Everything we have looked at has been junk or too much money.

Finally my bro found this wrangler on the internet, about an hour away from us, and thats not the good part... it's already completely done! Lift, tires, winch, discos, the list is endless. The asking price was too much so I told my bro I would buy the winch off him to help out. Last night my bro called the guy and got him to drop another 1000 bucks off! So basically my bro can now afford it with me buying the winch from him an the drop in price.

Anyway we are going to look at it tomorrow and if everything goes right we will be putting a deposit down. I'm glad I finally got someone to wheel with that lives close... or in the same house that is. The best part is I dont' have to do any major upgrades to it... this guy who we are buying it from is the original owner and did everything!

Is it wrong that I'm gonna bring him for his first time wheelin to the Paragon this month? :D

I'll show pics when we get it!

not to spoil anything, but if the person who is selling it has it all set up for wheelin' then i'm sure the jeep has taken a beating (minor or major) even when your careful you break things, especially that he's is knocking off $1000. WHATS THE CATCH? i am skeptical what is he not telling you/your bro. good luck and i hope all turns out well.

Well thats why we are going up to see it first... but I think the reason he knocked a grand off is cause he told me he has waaay too many toys and his wife has been naggin at him to get rid of it. He just bought a new Dodge and doesn't use the jeep at all. Not to mention this guy is probably loaded by the sounds of it, he isn't gonna miss the money. No matter how sweet the deal, I always go into it skeptical. That's why my brother wants me there to look at it. As for the beatings it has recieved... I'll just have to ask him I guess.

You can always tell how bad they have been beaten by looking underneath. Look for caked on mud and scratches on the undercarriage. I always pull the dipstick to see what the oil looks like or see if it smells burned. When you fire it up get your brother to watch the tailpipe for blue smoke.
You seem like you have it under control. Good Luck, it sounds like a deal.

I am a skeptic too. BUT, great deals do come along every once in a while. I hope it's all good. It's not as if you don't know what you're doing, so I'm sure you'll assess the Jeep well.

Hi flow throttle body power increase?

Well he bought it! and I got myself a winch! It came with tons of extra stuff, windows, tires, flares, etc. He will probably be selling it on here or on ebay... here she is... the Lil' Stomper. :lol:

image-missing.png

Yeah that rack is questionable... not sure what he wants to do with it yet. We are either gonna modify it, make a new one, or take it off all together.

Oh and the tires are Yokahama Geolanders... I wish they were Krawlers! Do they make em that small?

nice jeep, i guess everything turned out well. welcome to the family
Lil stomper!

Nice Jeep, sounds like you got a pretty good deal. Is he selling the Jeep on here? I don't understand that :roll:

Back