yellowish ornage arrow

Jeeper89

I was trying the check engin light to see the codes for my jeep.its an 89yj with a 4.2L.i took of the cover between the speedometer and odemeter like where the blinker blinks inside with the highbeam and brake.and noticed there was no check engin light.but i did find two that i have never seen before on was Emiss Mantince and an arrow pointing up towards the sky.they were both the yellowish orange color.so i take it that when they light up they are yellow but i have no clue what the arrow is for and common sence would tell me that the Emiss Mantince has to do with sumthing with the exaust but some elabaration would be helpful.

Thanks,

Cody[addsig]

hmmm sounds like a shift indicator light...

Cooper[addsig]

Like jeeper89 sais the arrow is for manual trans and it lights up to tell you when to shift. The emission one is hooked up to a timer on the firewall just to the right of your gas pedal. It sets off the light as a reminder to take it to the dealer to get ripped off. It is a kinda see thru box with little white gears in it. I tossed mine.[addsig]

Yup, arrow is basically a shift light. I have grown to ignore mine since it would take a month to get to 60 if you shifted when it said too. These are nothing but the good ol' gov't stepping in to try and regulate emissions and efficiency....[addsig]

You aint been changeing like jeep wants you to have you? You need to always change with the arrow.
image-missing.png
I always get a laught when I let my son drive and that aint often (two wrecks in 6 months) I make him change with the arrows cause like the BBJ said you are not going to set any land speed records that way. Later Tug[addsig]

thanks for all that.i have never had my arrow or emiss light work and where is the check engin light at?that is probly a stupid question but i see no light that looks like an engin or one that clearly says check engin[addsig]

I have yet to find or see the check engine light. I figure that if something is wrong for the indicator to light up, then I probably will be able to tell something is wrong. Plus, if it does it just tells you to check the engine, which can be any number of things. If you suspect something is wrong, I would do the diagnostic test on it and see if anything comes up...[addsig]

Back