yesterday's offroad adventure... LOTS of pics

Snitty

<tt>Ok... you dialup users may have some time to wait.. but here is a bunch of what we got yesterday... BigBlackJeep came home for the weekend again, and we went out and wheeled with a few buddies... included there was an 89 4runner... and a 74 CJ5 304, who just bought his machine last week, and blew out his 2nd gear during this outting...

image-missing.png

here we are, after the cj went home, resting on what we call "the hanger", where we "hang" our front wheels and let the hogs take a rest.
<hr>

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

This is the sort of stuff we were dealing with, good ol' western ny swampland... if you look in the second one, you can see where a few tires got swallowed
<hr>

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Here's the CJ before he got hurt... that beast sounds mean too... its too bad about the transmission.. that sucker does the job too
<hr>

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Here's the 4runner doin some work, through the water hole, then stuck in the trap... then pulling BBJ home to refuel
<hr>

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Here's BBJ... the first pic is him slamming into the trap... you can see him just returning from the air before getting swallowed, the next pic is when he got slurped up on the way back through... the last pic is a running dive through the water hole
<hr>

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Here's me now... the only vehicle there with bologna skin tires, and man does that suck... they have to get replaced soon with some monster meats. the first pic shows me resting on the hanger... the next is my trip through the water hole. I never tried the mud trap... 2 reasons, couldn't even get TO it.. and if i could, it wasnt worth even trying to get through... no way... then in the last pic... we were taking some 4 wheeler trails... I was leading, being the shortest, narrowest vehicle there... after i started to have trouble squeezing between trees, where a simple turn of the wheel would lose side clearance due to the tire sticking out... it was time to go... then on my way back... my intake tube fell off and i slurped up some mud... the pic shows me cooling off to clean it out... I finally got it cleaned, thanks to my bottle of Berryman's B-12 Chemtool (pictured)... that stuff is amazing...

More pics will be up soon whenever the other camera man gets me the pics

edited by: Snitty, May 18, 2003 - 12:35 AM[addsig]

very nice! looks like you had a blast...[addsig]

I was lucky enough to have a preview last night via Instant Messenge from Snitty. Was able to enjoy his outting along with him due to his willingness to share the tale and the pics. Snitty you do have fun! Who was in the pic with the ARMY shirt, BBJ I am guessing. Thanks again for the B-12 info. Tug[addsig]

Looks like you had a blast, I just wish I could get up the nerve to do something like that in my jeep.

TARSI[addsig]

The guy in the army shirt is my buddy kyle, the operator of the 4runner.... BBJ's operator is not pictured.
Tarsij... It doesn't really take any nerve to do all this.... it just takes realization that our machines were designed to do all this... that is why they are not low to the ground, they have roll cages, and all those stabilization extras... go for it my man... its fun[addsig]

Looks like a great time. Wish I could have been there :-D [addsig]

The rest of the pics are in...

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE REST

tug.... the bottle in the lower right corner is that stuff i was telling you about... engines love that like trannies love penn SM fluid

edited by: Snitty, May 22, 2003 - 05:27 AM[addsig]

Back