Heater Core

jeepfan555

I believe my heater core is leaking because I have anti-freeze leaking from under my passenger side dash. My question is how hard is it to fix/replace, how much work is involved and does the dash have to be remove to replace it?

The dash doesn't have to come out, the nuts holding on the heater core box are on the engine side of the firewall. Give yourself about 2 hours to do it since it's your first time. Here is a hint, take off your antenna to help the reinstallation go faster. Not that difficult to do.

EZ fix and while you are in ther go ahead and do the blower motor upgrade this winter you will thank your self for it! tug

So I take the bolts off from the engine side but I still have to take apart the dash side though right? I need to take off the plasic covering?

Rim questions

Oh yeah you do, but thats not part of the dash... you take the whole assy. out, heater core, the big plastic box, all out. Then take out the old core, put the new one back in, then throw the whole assy. back under the dash. Check a Chiltons or Haynes book for more details.

listen to tug there... the blower motor upgrade is a good idea... you'll be right in there

Back