leaks and noise

arkypyro

Vid

Now a new help question. anybody have any tips on reducing water leaks and air and rattle noise from my hard top. 97 TJ with the half doors and split hard top. When driving in heavy rain I get water coming in from the top of the windshield and when parked I end with a puddle on the drivers floorboard. I also have a bad rattle in the right rear near the back window. I am sure some of you have some good tricks to help with these issues.

just like i tell all my yj and cj buddies. If you wanted to drive something quiet and dry you shouldn't have bought a jeep.

anyway to seal the top of your hard top try a little silicone on the seam. and for the rattling, find whats making the noise and make it stop.

Hope that helps........

Re: RE: Why did I loose all of my posts?

I know that it will never be like driving a caddy and I don't want it to be but I strongly suspect that all the seals on my top are worn completely out and I haven't found replacements anywhere. I actually get a bit of a kick out of the water coming in over the windshield. It is just like a light spray in my face. I am sure it will be alot more fun in warmer weather though.

Back