258 Upgrade

Don't you just love those overseas call centers?

87 YJ 258...

it runs down from the head, around the drivers side motor mount, combines to 2 pipes here, then down under the front of the oilpan just behind the balancer pulley, -still as 2 pipes, pointing perpendicular to the right front wheel it then makes the bend toward the back, as 2 pipes, and is combined to 1 pipe just below the starter or right in front of it.. I forget. Thenit goes straight back to the cat in stock position, then to the THX catback set up i also bought with it, and out the back. Everything fit well, although i did have to cut like 5 inches off the pipe that joins to the cat from the header came with the header, and was too long, dremel did it in a minute. Other than that I just kinda hung everything up there loose and sloppy and rolled around on a creeper tightening and checking for things coming undone as I would torque up one end.. bla bla bla, it fits snug now, and I really noticed an improvement, looks awesome too.
Ill post pics soon, doing homework now...

Please do post some pics when you can. I dont have my motor back so I cant fully visulize it. The machine shop says I can pick the short block up on tuesday now.

RE: "Best use of Rollcage" Winner...

OK, will do!

Just an update I got my short block back, I had to remove the pistions, crank, and cam Puting in a new cam the one that I got with the short block was a stock.... I'm having the block zeroed to the pistion hieght. need .30 taken off. Wating on a parts to come in I have made some changes to the build list I will post wiht pics as I build it. Going to pressure wash the frame and under body tomorrow. Sorry I have not update in a while I had a future Jeeper born on Wed morning... (YA, YA) As I do more work I will post them Im thinking about makeing a website wada ya think should i or are there enougth allready??

You lucky dog. I am stuck on hold waiting for my cam. I changed cams at the last minute. Went with a custom Reed Cam. Have to wait a week for it to be built. This sucks.

An update I got the block back from the shop (I had them zero plane the deck) Got the .60 over pistions installed. I got the new Cam installed (I changed My mind and bought a 272 Hydraulic cam kit from Clifford's) I alo bought there single outlet header and Intake Manifold. I painted the block and am now waiting on the headwork to get complete. I have some Pic's of the block on the stand I will post them tonight. I Ported and polished the Intake Manifold Dam it looks good. I thinking about having the intake Powder coated. The shop that does that was closed on Friday when I went to get the price. that it for now hopefuly I will havae the head back from the shop next week some time. Need to get that on the wait is killing me

Deadred :twisted:

The Intake @ .050 is 299 and the duration is 214
The Exuast @ .050 is 299 and the duration is also 214

The intake opens @ 3 and close's @ 37
The Exuast opens @ 37 and close's @ 3

Hope this is what you are asking
Deadred :twisted:

RE: motorcraft 2100/2150 conversion

Oh I got a Clifford Intake 47-4500WH Ram flow Intake Manifold

Your giving up a little power compared to the Crane cam you mentioned earlier in the post, but it should still make you smile :wink:

The engine looks good.

What trans, Tcase, and axles are you running? What's the diff ratios?

And....Congratulations on the birth of your new little jeeper. I missed that in your earlier post.

RE: Re: The final solution to my cj problems

Junkpile

That is apic I got off of Cliford Web site My pictures of my engine is with this post

RE: How

The posting of the pics didn't not work Trying again

RE: What do I do with this?

deadred said:
The posting of the pics didn't not work Trying again

How is your motor coming dead? I had more issues trying to get mine back together this weekend. Come to find out from comp cams and a few others, no one makes the proper valve spring and cap for the 4.0 head conversion on the 258. The 4.0 uses metric caps and locks and the 258 doesnt. I had clearwater cylinder heads on the phone along with comp to figure this out. Finaly it was determined we could use the springs off of a chevy small block. After that fiascal drove down to Clearwater to get my head rented a engine hoist and got to work. 20 minutes later the rain cloud from hell rolled in as I was trying to line up the motor. Quickly I went to hoist the motor out and back into the garage when none other than the hydrolics on the hoist go bad. Now my engine is sitting on a floor jack in my jeep supported with blocks of wood. Hope yours is going better.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Times are changing and so is my ride

Well For the update it has been a long time coming

Block is on the stand (bored out .60 over)
Block has been zeroed planed (.08 above top dead center)
Head has been at the shop getting work done I just got a call it was done toady (wife is going to puck it up for me I'm in bean town for work)
the work done to the head is chevy value's in it with Clifords springs and retaners) the spring seat had to be cut down 168th to get them to work.
going to to cost an arm and leg but should be worth it (at least thats what im telling my self)

The weekend Im installing the head and all. I think in having the the headers creamic coated (just trying to do it right) as my father taught me if your going to do it than do it correct or dont do it at all.

thats the update..
I take more pic's this weekend

Steering box?

Next update:

Well I got the motor back together.... :D

here are some pick of the process

Attachments

• resized_05-15-05_2353.jpg
    resized_05-15-05_2353.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 210
  • resized_05-15-05_2355.jpg
    resized_05-15-05_2355.jpg