axle wrap / drivline

yj89

I asked this question before about "axle wrap" but this one has a twist. i have a 4.2 I6 with a 727 auto transmission and a np 207 t-case. When starting out I get some "wrap" at first and then it levels out. I am pretty sure the srings are good, they are new and a Super Lift kit. By chance my skid plate bolts came loose and a few came all the way out, funny thing is that the wrap seemed to stop.
My question is....could my wrap be caused by a poor drive line, since my jeep is lifted (4 in. suspention, 1.25 shakle and 2 in. body). And if so would a new driveshaft correct the problem. I have been reading about driveshafts with "knuckels" or "joints" ? in them and how they help correct this problem.
Someone, in their jeep wisdom, help me out here, so I can not go around in circles trying to fix this problem. I am hoping that it can be as simple as replacing a driveshaft with the correct measurments.

89 yj, hard top, after market air, rebuilt transmission, new motor, lifted, 35 x 14.5 mickey thompson's, on 12 x 15 american eagle rims.

thanks guys for any help,
Danny from orlando

RE: Illinois or South Dakota

The driveshaft issues and the axlewrap will be two different concerns that don't really affect each other. Do you have a transfer case drop installed between the frame and the skidplate?

I'd recommend a slipyoke eliminator kit (SYE) and a double-cardan rear driveshaft. You can get some axle-wrap bars from www.jcw.com that connect to the spring plate and front spring hanger to elminate axlewrap.

Back