My turn, "Help my Jeep won't start"

Ritt

Da wife's 95 GC won't start. It cranks over fine but won't spark
I changed the plugs since they haven't been done in about 45K but still nothin'. :( I dribbled a little gas down into the injector and still not even a little kick. :(

Now I'm riding my bicycle to work and man, is it HOT. I hate to call the dealer to come pick it up$$$$$

Thanks,

Pop the lid on the PDC (Power Distribution Center) under the hood. Check for any blown mini-fuses. Try to start it if one has been replaced.

Swap the ASD relay for the AC Relay or another similar relay in there. Try to fire it up.

Let us know what you find.

Thanks guys.

I'm going to try this stuff when I get home tonight.

One thing my wife mentioned the last time she drove it was it felt like it was shimmying over 45 MPH. I think it could have been miss firing and felt like a shimmy to her. Last time I drove it the front end was fine.

RE:

check the crank positioning sensor. It is what gives spark. especially if it ran fine and then quit. if it were spuddering though, sounds like it was running on less cylinders and could be something simple as a plug or wire.

Mystery Axle

check the coil to distributor wire - make sure its good (ran into that problem more than once! - frustrating!!!!)

ABS Vibration no light

This is just an idea, but try replacing the ignition module. My YJ did the same thing, would start to die out on me over 50 KMs, I would then have to slow down to 10KMs before it would stop studdering. It finally just died on me. I changed the module, and Now it starts great! Just my $0.02

Gig

Gig said:
This is just an idea, but try replacing the ignition module. My YJ did the same thing, would start to die out on me over 50 KMs, I would then have to slow down to 10KMs before it would stop studdering. It finally just died on me. I changed the module, and Now it starts great! Just my $0.02

Gig

This is the most likely, based on symptons. When the SSI and the module fail, they fail as described.

Robert

OK, Redneck, B_H & jydave get the cookie :D

CPS it was. I opted for the dealer since I was about 4 recalls behind and they did the front rotors & pads free also (rotor recall about 7 years ago) so it was worth it.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Back