How can I make my new soft top fit tighter? Help please.

davidank

RE: Sporatic vibration

Hello, I am a 'newbie jeep owner and wouldn't mind some advice please, thanks in advance...

I have a 2001 jeep wrangler sport 4.0 -and my old soft top was in bad shape, and I just bought a Bestop soft top replace a top. My old soft top was lose in spots, for example the driver side rear window was always looser than the passanger side rear window, and the back window seemed like it could of been tighter., and the back flaps on either side of the back window had lose spots and didn't seem to be pulled as tight as they should be.

My new soft top, I am not sure if this is because of it being brand new (I just put it on today) but it seems like it should be tighter. For example the flaps that tuck into the body on either side of the rear window are still a bit lose, and the driver side rear window is again looser than the passanger side rear window. Could this be a problem with the frame (I have a stock frame that came on the jeep) or should I do something to make it pull tighter so the windows and back flaps have no dimples/lose spots?

Overall the driver side rear window and back flap is definitely not as pulled as tight as the passanger side. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong here or if ther is somehting that I can do to help this.

Also does a brand new soft top get tighter after a little bit and over time?

Is there something I can do, maybe a trick that will make the rear side windows and those back flaps pull tighter so there are no crincles/loose spot areas?

I know that I put the new top on right. Thanks in advance! My email address is: david_ank@suscom.net

-David

RE: Jeep Trailor???

There is a bar that goes from left to right over the center roll bar that needs to be pushed up and supported by the side frame bars of the top. This is difficult to describe, but it's there and there's only one that looks like it. If this bar is not up on both sides or only one side then the top will be loose.

Anyone else can correct me if I'm wrong. I know this was standard on the OEM tops, but I'm not sure about aftermarket. I would assume they'd make it the same.

Your frame has got to be tweaked a little bit. Both tops fit wrong in the same places?.....got to be the frame.

All of the soft tops that I have ever had were really tight at first and then stretched over time.

The Cliffs???

The newer sailcloth tops are a looser fit, so that may be your asnswer.

If not I'd say the frame needs adjustment.

RE: FS: "If you can read this... ROLL ME OVER!" de

Have my mom wash it

Back