Sway Bar Disconnects?

mercab18

I was wondering if there were any suggestions about which sway bar disconnects I should buy....

I'm putting in a 2" coil spacer lift with brand new ProComp MX-6 shocks, so I need some disconnects that go up to 2" of lift.

Plus, if anyone has any suggestions about what else I'll need with this 2" lift going in. CAM bolts? TC drop kit? etc

Thanks everyone

With 2 inches of lift your not going to have too much trouble with pinion angle so cam bolts will most likely will not be necessary, but you will need to get it re-aligned after you lift since you will be changing the suspension. Your service adviser should be able to tell you if your camber angle (6 degrees) is too far out and you will need to install cam-bolts. These are a dealer purchase part only by the way.
With two inches of lift you also shouldn't need to do a TC drop but if you pick up a vibration after the lift then you can buy one at that time.
Two inches is not that extreme but it changes your suspension just enough that knowing what to buy in advance is difficult.

I bought the JKS quicker disconnects - They're really nice, but cost $140 for the set.

These swaybar disconnects are good for lifts of 0-2", but if you go higher in the future, you'll need new ones (keep in mind that alot of real lifts include swaybar discos).

As to the coil spacer - I didn't have to do anything extra (I've got an 05 with auto).

Take a look at my writeup here:
http://www.jeepz.com/forum/suspensi...alling-rubicon-express-2-coil-spacer-kit.html

Get the cambolts for the front lower control arms if you don't already have them. Adjust them so it pushes the bottom of the axle all the way forward and you should be good for front pinion angle and caster. This is what I do for all coil spacer lifts of the same height and it works well.

Bounty Hunter:

Could you elaborate on the use of cam bolts? I just installed a 2" Rusty's Offroad lift (springs and shocks) on my '06 TJ and now I have Death Wobble. I've been to a few allignment places around here and they all say all they can do is set the caster to factory specs. There are no offroad shops locally that deal with allignment. Right now my caster is set to 6.3 degrees according to the allignment shop. Do you suggest that I buy cam bolts and set they all the way forward? Could this possibly help with my DW problem?

Thanks!

Cam Bolt Help!!!!

Can ANYONE help me with the question I posted above about Cam Bolts?

Daniel,
You may want to start a new thread, as this one is called "Sway Bar Disconnects?", and it may not draw attention from the people that you want to help.

For my two cents, the normal answer to Death Wobble is to tighten / replace the trackbar

The cam bolts install on the axle end of the lower control arms, in place of the factory bolts that look like cam bolts but aren't. Then run the cam bolts so it pushes the bottom of the front axle as far forward as possible. This is how I set up TJ's with a budget boost and it takes care of caster, pinion angle vibes, and DW.

you will probably be fine with the stock sway bar links. Unless you are replacing them so that you can disconnect quickly for trail use, I dont see a reason to replace them.

I would get an aligment and wouldnt worry about a T.C. drop unless you felt vibrations that bothered you.

Back