tires and rims

EFD162

new jeeper here... i have a couple of questions. i have a stock jk unlimited x with 17" rims. i was wondering if i could go with bigger tires, keep the same size rims without having to put a lift on..... and second... if i could i have a buddy who owns a 90 wrangler.... could he use my stock jk package mentioned aboved. and if so what would he need to make it work......

p.s. not mechanically inclined...thanks for the help

im not sure what type of tires come on them but you should be able to run 31s with no problem, maybe even 32s. i think the JKs sit a little taller. your rims will not work on your buddies 90 yj cause the bolt pattern is different. jeeps from 87-2006 are 5x4.5 bolt pattern all others are 5x5.5. he could use it but would have to buy spacer/adapter and they usually go for about 150 new i think

Yes you can go bigger on the tires on your JK without any additional lift but not much without causing any rubbing. The JK bolt pattern will NOT match the TJ,YJ or CJ bolt patterns. I think its a 5 on 5 1/4 pattern on the JK. Tj is a 5 on 4 1/2, CJ is a 5 on 5 1/2.

Back