CJ Radiator

• Thread starter rubijeepchick04
  • Start date
R

rubijeepchick04

Anyone know where I can get a new radiator for 4 cyl. 151 Iron Duke (GM Motor). Looked online and they don't seem to be too common. Mine has split right on the seam at the top and it boils over every time I drive it. I don't think it can be fixed, it seems to be splitting in several different places on the top and the sides are not looking real good either. Its the original so its seen better days. All the ones I've seen so far have been really expensive if you can even find them. Most of the time I'm not even sure if I'm lookin' at the right one. Hard to tell online sometimes. I don't plan to keep this motor but I have to use it for now until I get enough $$$ to do an upgrade. But for the time being if I could get a new radiator for it to use for now that would be great.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks,;)

How about measuring it and getting an after market. maybe summit or jegs.

I bought one a couple of years ago from a buddy who owns a body shop. (I get his discount.) He had to have gotten it from a jobber. I would try your local sources first.

A local radiator shop might still be able to repair that for the time being..Brass radiators are rare to find now a days but is easily more repairable than some of the new plastic replacements and probabbly cheaper for a temporary use till your ready for your upgrade. If it was the same thing that happened on my CJ, the tank solder was weak and started to split from the core. The radiator shop cleaned out the radiator and re-sealed it for $40.00.. I hope this helps.

Rad shops are great it's often cheaper than you think. It's amazing what they can fix.

I got a four core brass one for my yj/SBC conversion a couple years back of radiator.com - nobody else had anything but the $500 all aluminum one like 4wdHW carries. It was $250 ish delivered and fit just like a factory rad.

Back