1987 jeep wrangler neutral safety switch harness

cheif3jeeps

hello,
I have been working on this jeep for about 5 months now and i'm done with the rebuild(new frame up).
When i tore it down to rebuild i laid the main harness on the engine and remounted the eng, trans and transfer case into the new frame as one unit harness included .
Ok after hooking it all up and changing all fluids/filters i'm ready to start it.
well turned the key and nothing but i do have reverse lights on in park
So i went to the haynes book and checked into the problem.
the jeep has the 4.2 and an auto transmission.according to the book.
It says that the neut/back up are on the same switch. as i followed the trans harness to the firewall it has a weather pack with yellow/black wire brown/green wire and black/white wire the black /white wire is the neutral wire. well on the other side of the weather pack it is broken .i've opend the main harness and found no broken wire (both sides of the harness from the main plug to the battery).
the book says it goes to the starter relay.no it don't (unless they mean solanoid).could this be a ground?
if someone out there has a 1987 jeep wrangler with a 4.2 and auto trans could you please let me know where it goes ?the harness is on the left side of engine if your facing it near the firewall
thank you very much and thanks for reading this post

Back