pinning shift fork on a disconnect d30

jakec

has anyone ever pinned the shift fork in the engaged position on a vacumm disconnect dana 30? i heard about it somewhere and cant seem to find it again. i have tj shafts to put in it i just dont want put them in until i need to. i have the posi lock cable already but i dont like that junk either so i was going to just engage it all the time and run it until it breaks then swap in the tj shafts.

a lot of people do it. search vacuum lock or broken 4x4 or something like that

No need to pin it in place, just install the disconnect mechanism upside down into the axle and it'll hold the shift collar perfectly in the engaged position.

im putting it back together tonight im gonna flip it and ill let you know how it turns out thanks yall

well i was looking at the shift mechanism and it has the posi lock cable so i dont think i can flip it cause of the cable coming in on the drivers side. i was just gonna pin it but cant find out any info on it. i think i can just get a long bolt and a couple nuts and rig it up. any suggestions?

it should work. i know a guy that used wire ties two on the axle on each side of the collar. was supposed to be a temp fix to get off trail but it is still working

thats what i was hoping. i already removed the cable and im putting the fork and all (flipped of course) back on tomorrow. ill be back in 4 wheel drive finally. thanks again.

Back