death wobble......

ok, my 2007 X has the dreaded death wobble, which i have renamed "Jeep Quake" sounds a whole lot better and cooler for a jeep. My question is which models are more prone to have it. not sure if the rubicons, saharas or x, sport get it more or not. just trying to figure out what i can do to slowly get rid of the damn Jeep Quake, makes a nice drive a pain

What size lift an tires ? How's your steering setup?

If you have used green slime in your tires recently that could very well be the reason. The same thing happened to me and that was the cause.

I've read that JK wranglers have notoriously week factory balljoints. It couldn't hurt to check those.

just had the factory ball joints replaced. mechanic said the original were a hardened neoprene that is garbage. was replaced with traditional ball joint. second time replacing the steering stablizer, no green slime in the tires, tires replaced after the first quake at about 35k, it was still stock at that point. replace the tires with new wheels & tires, same size as what was there. didn't want to lift it any high, its a perfect height for me. gonna have a different mechanic look and see what they might be able to see.

Back