2013 jeep wrangler

paybell

this is my first jeep... i put different tires and rims on my jeep nothing massive just a little bigger. 275-70-18". now i have NO power cant even climb a boat ramp in two wheel drive or 4high. with no trailer!!! any ideas???

When you install larger tires, you lose some of your axle gearing because the tire now travels a further distance in one revolution. The smaller your engine the more you will notice it. You would have to swap to a lower gear ratio to restore the feel of the stock gearing.

Welcome to the Z paybell.

The v6 in the '13 is a powerhouse, you shouldn't really notice a change in performance with such a slight change in tire size. Do you have a check engine light? Did you swap the TPMS over to the new wheels?

You may need to get the computer calibrated to the new tire size.

yes it was a powerhouse until i changed the tires and wheels. its like i turned something off...i have no check engine light on i do have the TPMS light on i didn't think to put them on the other wheels. i dont have a clue what to do with it...

yes it was a powerhouse until i changed the tires and wheels. its like i turned something off...i have no check engine light on i do have the TPMS light on i didn't think to put them on the other wheels. i dont have a clue what to do with it...
Install the TPMS in the wheels or get a scanner to turn the TPMS error off. Most JK owners go the scanner route.

If you decide to install the sensors back into the wheels, use the same ones if possible since the ID numbers on those sensors are already programmed into the module in the Jeep. IF you decide to put new ones in, makes sure you get the ones for a 2013 model. The previous 2012 sensors will NOT work on the 2013 and on models since the Corax tire pressure system has changed. Having the TPM light turned off with a scan tool is sometimes a temporary fix since the module that locates and monitors the sensors are always checking for the sensor location and pressure readings. The module is located on the top of the rear frame crossmember. I'm wondering IF a dealer can go into the build configuration of the Jeep according to VIN number, and remove the sales code of the TPMS then reprogram the network configuration of the Jeep without the TPMS sensor to permanently disable that feature.. Just a thought, you may want to talk to a dealership service manager to see if they can do that for you..

went to the jeep house today to have them find out why i have no power with these tires and rims. they said my jeep has 321 gears in it and said i needed 373 gears..they said they would charge me $1,800 to $2,000 to change them out... or they would trade me a brand new 2014 with 373 gears straight across... sounds to good to be true. does anybody have any idea why they would want to do that???

Even trade? They will give you a new 14 for your used 13? We need more information. What model do you have and what are they going to give you? If they are giving you a Sport for your Sahara or Rubicon then not a good deal but if it's the same model similarly optioned then...maybe. Still sounds too good to be true but I might do it if all things are equal.

there both sports the new one has tinted back windows mine didn't. new one has 17'' aluminum rims mine has 16" steel rims. the new has the 373 gears that i'm needing.the old one has 321 gears. mine black new one silver. thats about it... i signed the papers on it today.. hoping i didnt miss something and got screwed but as far as i can tell it looks legit...

Back