2.5 l hesitating

bigstags

I have a 93 yj 4 cyl 5 speed that's hesitating when I get on the gas in second and third gear .any insight on what it could be ?I just did a full tune up and a couple other little things thinking that would solve the problem but that was to no avail. If I keep it under half throttle it doesn't seem to do it which kinda sucks being since I live in the mtns and need to get on the gas the majority of the time. could it possibly be another sensor of some kind?

There were no vacuum leaks I could find. I'll get a new tps and try that out

I changed the sensor and went for a nice long drive on the highway still the same problem anything else I should check on?

Like I said a leak somewhere take it to an auto shop that has a smoke machine and have them run a smoke test for possible leaks somewhere. Should run around 25 to completely eliminate that possibility.

Another thing I see people replacing and saying it work is the upstream o2 sensor

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Jeepz

I can look to see if it's fouled just to be on
the safe side

Wow TPS didn't correct it?
Does it happen only at speed or above a certain RPM?

At speed if your speedometer is off or the cable has an issue the PCM may not be getting the correct info resulting in too lean conditions.

If RPM
Have you pulled the plugs to inspect them? What plugs do you have in there. Check your fuel pressure. Run some injector cleaner. Lastly exhaust issues like a blocked cat or bad o2 sensors.

Wow TPS didn't correct it?
Does it happen only at speed or above a certain RPM?

At speed if your speedometer is off or the cable has an issue the PCM may not be getting the correct info resulting in too lean conditions.

If RPM
Have you pulled the plugs to inspect them? What plugs do you have in there. Check your fuel pressure. Run some injector cleaner. Lastly exhaust issues like a blocked cat or bad o2 sensors.

It only happens when I get on the gas to accelerate in second and third I I pulled the plugs they are fine look just like I did when I put them in and I'm running regular auto lites I just replaced the cat a little after I did the tune up along with the o2 sensor and I run a treatment of fuel injector cleaner about every 3000 miles
I'm still gonna get it checked for vacuum leaks just in case and while it's in the garage I'll have them check the fuel pressure it seems to be more rpm related lets say traffic gets backed up I shift down to second just idling along then traffic opens up again I get on the gas from the lower rpm it'll start going hesitate then wind up through the rpms slower than what it normally should

Problem solved! As I was digging around the engine compartment this morning searching for the source of my issue I came across a wire that somehow got cut I have no idea what wire it was or how it got cut but I spliced it together and poof no more hesitation! Thanks all for the help!

Picture of wires location if you can get one. Would love to know what it was.

Back