Hard doors will not come off!

codideakin

I have been trying to get my hard doors off my jeep since summer is approaching and I want to put my soft doors on BUT they will not come off. I just bought the jeep almost a year ago and have never taken them off and I am assuming they never have been off since they are so hard! any suggestions on getting them off!? Thanks!:)

They can be very hard to get off the first time (they ease up after that).

First off, make sure there are no nuts on the door hinges. The bottom of the door pin came from the factory with a nut you have to unscrew to get the doors off.

With the door open, roll the window down, and put one hand on the bottom of the door - near the hinges, so that you can lift up with that hand. Put your other hand on the open side of the door.

While lifting up with the hand on the bottom, open and close the door like you're a bird about to take flight :rolleyes:. Eventually the door will start to wiggle up and come off. The door is pretty heavy, so be ready for the weight.

If you still can't get them off then get someone else on the other side of the door to lift up.

Ive also been having the same problem..there weren't nuts on there to start with. And I've been putting wd40 on the hinges help loosen them up. They haven't budged.

Undo the strap and open and close them while lifting. They will come off but weigh 75 pounds each

What they said. Just an FYI: the door pins are a part of the door not like a house door where the pin comes out of both halves of the hinge.

I roll the window down open the door and while facing the rear stick my arm through to grab the door handle. The other hand grabs underneath the door while squatting. Open and close the door while lifting up. Ones open clean the pin and lightly grease with lithium grease.

Once ya get them off, take a file and file the outside diameter of the pins down a bit , it wont take much fileing. and file a small chamfer on the ends of the pins for easy reinstall. Just things arent lineing up perfectly, easy fix. Once ya get the son of a biscuit off.

Back