Blacked out hood hinges and hood clamps???

Sully

Where can I find some blacked out hood hinges,and hood clamps???My jeep is undergoing a whole new look.im trying to black out all the chrome. :wink: Sully[addsig]

Quadratec, JC Whitney, 4wd.com, evebody carries them[addsig]

save your pennies - just yank off the chrome parts, sandpaper off the chrome finish, and spray again with black.[addsig]

Seriously... Read this. I bought that "black hood set" from Quadratec and it SUCKS. I am not some kid, I'm 26 and I guarantee you, that you will be disappointed if you buy that set. There's a reason it's only $44 for the whole set. Your best bet is to go to a junk yard and see if you can get some OEM hinges off a Jeep and just paint them black with several light coats. You will be much happier. I hate my hinges and am tempted to go to the dealership because I can't find any on a junker here. They bake in the sun and start to chip in less than a year. I love quadratec, but HATE Steel Horse products. They are super cheap. I have a Steel Horse console... particle board, has been broken into once without even destroying it. Just move the lid laterally and it gets around the lock. I bought a Steel Horse replacement Upper Door skin and it didn't fit (and I don't mean pointed vs. rounded corners). I sent it back and paid the extra $$ for the Bestop window. Bestop is the best.

If you read nothing else, STEEL HORSE should be renamed STEEL YOUR MONEY. (I know it's s-t-e-a-l but for effect....)

c[addsig]

Yes, Definatley DO NOT get any steel horse products. I purchased a set of their upper sliders for my hardtop which I just put on a week ago, and the drivers side one hardly fits. It has a huge gap in back, and the door won't close all the way. I'm gonna have to go back to the soft top and have people break in all time again. I am only 17 so listen to me if you want, but I am going to badmouth steel horse for the rest of my life. As soon as I get my insurance money together I am going to start saving up for a good set of bestup uppers for the hard top. If you paint junker pieces yourself, it will definately have a better end result than steel horse ever will.

TARSI[addsig]

Back