Open air filter ?

SLiM

I recently put an cone open air filter on my 92 jeep cherokee, its the in line 6 4.0, there where two hoses going to the air box one coming from the top of the valve cover and the other was a vacume hose, since I took the top of the air box off I just cut two spots in the intake hose and put them in ther, is this gonna cause a problem with anything ow is that ok to do. If you need a pic of it let me know and I will snap a shot and post it. Thanks for the advice in advance.

It's likely as you're getting more air into the engine sooner. You would notice an even greater improvement in power & throttle response by installing a 62mm throttle body. The 62mm is a smooth bore TB, it doesn't have the taper beneath the throttle plate that the stock TB's have. The taper beneath the throttle plate requires quite a bit of throttle movement before air is allowed into the engine.There are 62mm TB's available in the vendor forum.

It's likely as you're getting more air into the engine sooner. You would notice an even greater improvement in power & throttle response by installing a 62mm throttle body. The 62mm is a smooth bore TB, it doesn't have the taper beneath the throttle plate that the stock TB's have. The taper beneath the throttle plate requires quite a bit of throttle movement before air is allowed into the engine.There are 62mm TB's available in the vendor forum.

Im a carpenter and Im not that great with working on motors, is this something I could do? Or is it better to get someone to do it for me?
Plus I live in an apartment complex and Im not aloud to do major work to my jeep in the lot. Thanks for the info thou, this with out you guys I would be lost.:???:

Replacing a throttle body is easy, unplug the sensors and then remove 4 bolts holding TB to intake manifold. Swap the sensors over to the new TB (torx bits) and reinstall.

I noticed that now I am spitting oily stuff out my exsaust? And I notice Im loosing oil but there are no sopts under ir when I parke it, Any Idea what the this could be from.

Back