crazy turn signal

indiemo

alcan springs

when I turn on my right turn signal and my headlights are off, the dash and radio blink as well as the right arrow but the tail light still blinks. if I turn my headlights on the right turn signal display on the dash stays lit up constantly and when I turn the right turn signal on, nothing happens...nothing blinks either on the dash or the actual tail light. any thoughts on this?

bad bulb for sure, i had a chevy truck with one and everylight in the truck flashed, dash, dome, headlights, hazards etc. it was like a circus

I dont think it is just a bulb mine was doing the same thing and all the bulbs were good. So i bought a new turn signal swith and it solved the problem.

Hi,

It could be a bad bulb OR a corroded lamp socket.

I had a similar problem with my Cherokee where anytime the headlights were on the two arrows on the dash would light up and sometimes the blinker wouldn't function correctly or not at all. Turned out that BOTH front lamp sockets for the park/turn signal bulb on each side were corroded to the pont that the Ground prong broke off and fell out of the socket. Thus the parking lamps would back-feed power through the turn-signal circuits and vice-versa to achieve ground. :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

a corroded lamp socket.
that's exactly what it was. the front marker light socket in the fender flare was completely corroded. looks like water got in the lens. i popped out the bulb and scraped out the innards and it's working fine now...except I don't have a front marker light anymore. guess i'll see if I can get a new socket from a dealership.

Back