Help Identifying this Jeep

harpdog

Hi - hoping you can help me as I need a bunch of parts for my 1959 Jeep that I just inherited. I am not sure which model 1959 it is. VIN# search comes back empty and has 10 digits. Most likely a CJ5?. It is a 4 cylinder with the oil filter at the top of the engine compartment. I believe it has the F 134 engine?. It has a one piece windshield. Hard top was a retrofit - originally had a soft top. The fuel gauge is part of the speedometer instrument and I believe it has the F (full) on the left. Fuel gauge is located to the bottom right side of the circular speedometer. The speedometer speed indicators are in single digits (ie: 1 for 10mph, 2 for 20 mph etc.) It has separate choke and throttle pull knobs. I have attached a few pics to help identify. Vehicle runs OK - but needs many parts. I want to restore to full working condition. Have identified that it needs tune-up parts, windshield and gaskets, brake parts, possible engine parts and misc. other parts - especially the appropriate repair manual.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards - Ross Macdonald
b2becom@comcast.net

Attachments

• IMG_4024.JPG
    IMG_4024.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4047.JPG
    IMG_4047.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3989.JPG
    IMG_3989.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
CJ5... Does it have a welded on cover in the top of the cowl in front of the passenger side of the windshield? If so, then it's an early one. Very nice Jeep, well worth fixing up. Best of luck - John

Back