King Kong

mingez

If you haven't seen it...you must.

In freakin' credible!!!

It doesn't matter that you know how it ends.
The movie has you on the edge of your seats the entire time.
Special effects, acting, script...all good.

This coming from a guy who typically is critical of big budget block buster type movies. But this is awesome.

I love epic movies, I can't wait to see it and will over the holiday. I'm going to see Narnia too. We have a new stadium style sixteen theator place open. It's gonna be a blast! I"m a big Peter Jackson fan anyway!

It's long....3:22 min

Mine had an intermission, but you are so engrossed, you don't even notice the time.

I'll have to wait till it comes out on cable.
I haven't been to a theatre in over 8 years and I can't break my streak now.

It is worth seeing. I saw it the opening night. But a warning to everyone who sees it. Bring something to keep you awake for the first 1.5 hours. I took a friend and my brother to see it and was just about to apologize for making them sit there. Then things started happening. Everything after that is just simply amazing. The realism of the effects are incredible. Go see it.

The thing to do is go to the theater and see a movie that starts at the same time. Then when that movie is over, sneak into a theater showing King Kong. This way, you'll get one entire movie and get to Kong when it finally gets watchable. yessssss

yeah I heard it was good. I'ma see it when it comes out on dvd..I can't get myself to spend the 10 bucks for tickets. I'd rather rent..That way I can pause for bathroom breaks..3 hours and a half I know i'ma need atleast one.

I'll stick to the original uncut version....the one where the censors griped about the little natives getting stomped!

Sparky-Watts said:
I'll stick to the original uncut version....the one where the censors griped about the little natives getting stomped!

Hey Sparky, I'm usally the type to hate remakes of movies. But I'm telling you, it's worth the price of admission.

And even more people get stomped on this one.:twisted:

I cant wait to see it. I am going to wait until it comes out on dvd though. I cant stand movie theaters anymore. I would end up paying $30 (2 x $10 a ticket and $10 or so for popcorn) Where I can buy the dvd for $20 the day it comes out and keep it as long as I want to. Plus I have a better set up than any movie theater and there arent any annoying people/kids.

about the $10 ticket price...

I took a chickie and my little brother... costed me $7.75 total... I had two free tickets and it was only $7.75 for the third. Nobody wanted snacks.... yesssssss

Sunshine has about a dozen free passes left from her last job. They used to hand them out monthly for performance rewards. She wants to see Narnia....I have no desire to see that.

That's how I'm going too Sparky, passes from work. Tell Sunshine I'll meet her in the middle to see Narnia. All my friends have seen it and my family doesn't want to.

Ya'll that don't dig the prices should go to matinees. They do still have them and they ARE cheaper! There is nothing like the big screen experience on certain movies. Live a little!

LadyJeepFreak said:
That's how I'm going too Sparky, passes from work. Tell Sunshine I'll meet her in the middle to see Narnia. All my friends have seen it and my family doesn't want to.

Ya'll that don't dig the prices should go to matinees. They do still have them and they ARE cheaper! There is nothing like the big screen experience on certain movies. Live a little!

The big screen is over rated. Try a 51" widescreen with straight digital feed from the DVD player to the TV via a DVI connection a million times better picture than the movie theater. Audio is fed from the dvd player to my Onkyo reciever via a fiber optic cable which goes out to a nice custom Polk Audio surround sound set up at 100W per channel with a 12" 100W self powered sub to deliver stunning!!! bass. Plus I get to sit on my comfy couch and not have people talking or other disturbances.

Your right there is nothing like the big screen but there things that are better! :shock:

judge09 said:
The big screen is over rated. Try a 51" widescreen with straight digital feed from the DVD player to the TV via a DVI connection a million times better picture than the movie theater. Audio is fed from the dvd player to my Onkyo reciever via a fiber optic cable which goes out to a nice custom Polk Audio surround sound set up at 100W per channel with a 12" 100W self powered sub to deliver stunning!!! bass. Plus I get to sit on my comfy couch and not have people talking or other disturbances.

Your right there is nothing like the big screen but there things that are better! :shock:

As someone who used to be in Film and TV, I have to say that unless that DVD is HD, it doesn't even compare. Film resolution is very special and I notice the image difference and the artifacting that goes on, with DVD. It's kind of a curse, left over from my editing days.

I prefer the big screen, if only I could get those pesky kids out of the movie theater. You know, the ones who answer cell phones, and say "Whatever" or "Yeah Right" whenever something unlikely happens. I'm like "dude, it's King Kong...realisim isn't the goal here."

Took my oldest son to see Narnia last weekend. Awesome, but 2 tickets, 2 sodas, 1 big popcorn, and a box of raisinettes later my wallet had a big ol' dent in it. I think I am done with theaters.

I'll wait until Kong hits netflix.

mingez said:
As someone who used to be in Film and TV, I have to say that unless that DVD is HD, it doesn't even compare. Film resolution is very special and I notice the image difference and the artifacting that goes on, with DVD. It's kind of a curse, left over from my editing days.

I prefer the big screen, if only I could get those pesky kids out of the movie theater. You know, the ones who answer cell phones, and say "Whatever" or "Yeah Right" whenever something unlikely happens. I'm like "dude, it's King Kong...realisim isn't the goal here."

I CAN'T WAIT for HD dvds to come out. I noticed some issues with clarity when I had a regular progressive scan with component cables but since I started using the DVI cable and a nice Samsung DVD player, it looks flawless enough for me. HD is a different monster and I am excited for all that to be main stream.

Judge I'm sure that pretty (and complex) set up costed you a pretty penny and some free time. lol Your right were all different in what we like and how we enjoy it. Doesn't mean either is right or wrong!

Back