• Lift Kit

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Snorkel w/ K&N Air Intake

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other: post below

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Welllllllll.....

If I got tires, I'd go bigger so I'd need a lift kit.

It all boils down to what you have to spend and how you can get the bigger bang for your buck. PLUS what YOU want to do with it and what you want from it.

It wouldn't be much to get a small budget boost and 35's. When funds permit, upgrade the lift.

My first thing with both Jeeps I've had...bikini top.

The first things I would do is convenience items. Mirror movers would top the list, so you could safely take the doors off and drive around town. The best thing about a 4-door Jeep... is two more doors to take off! If there's a garage, you could pick up holders for the doors when they aren't on.

If you plan on wheelin' it, you can do your first couple runs stock, so I'd be thinking about a Hi-lift jack for ease if something goes wrong and/or a winch. Definately a tow or snatch strap. Lots of info on here about those.

On your list, a snorkel would be cool. I was surprised how much a K&N drop-in did for throttle response on my first TJ, so that'd be good, too. Check out any "free" upgrades like removing restrictions in the airway. Again, not sure how that relates to the JK.

I echo that it all depends what you want. Personally, I'd wait until the stock tires begin to go before thinking lift and tires. You paid quite a bit for them already. Whatever you do, enjoy the thing. I love the Unlimited, but my pockets don't allow for it.

-X

Wait 'til the tires are about shot......in the mean time save your extra cash. 20,000 mile into it and you got enough saved for the lift and tires all in one shot. Until then, you'll just have to deal with one sweeeeet stock ride. I bet you won't mind.

I am on the same boat with the wheels/tires and lift.I plan on waiting a bit for that but it def helps the looks. I want the 3 piece bumper set from Quadratec first. The Pre-runner bars, main bumper, and rear bumper. The winch will be soon to follow.

1. CAI & exhaust
2. LOCKERS
3. Lift kit
4. Wheels/tires
5. Bumpers

That's MY order:)

In this order:
1.) Lift kit
2.) Tires and wheels
3.) Alignment and sensor calibrations
4.) Front and rear recovery bumpers(Rear bumper with a heavy duty spare carrier)
5.) Heavy duty skid plates
6.) Body armor
7.) Lights
8.) Wet Okole seat covers

CAI= Cold Air Intake

I'd start small

1. Mirror movers
2. Switch to turn interior lights of when doors are off
3. Tow hooks
4. Sway bar disconnects (if you don't have rubicon)
5. Safety gear (fire extinguisher, tow strap, hi-lift jack)

After a few months, I'd throw a lift and tires at it.

With the Rubicon package you already have the lockers and 33 inch (?) tires. My vote would be to protect your investment with rock sliders, heavy dudy bumpers and maybe some body armor. Also as several people have pointed out, move the mirrors.

Bacon

Hmmm... this a tough one.

I don't care for JK bumpers, so that'd probably be my first fix. I actually like the JK Rubi wheels, so I wouldn't change that, and the Rubi comes with BFG Mud Terrains, so you're set there. I don't know enough about the JK motor to advise anything there.

With the Rubicon package you already have the lockers and 33 inch (?) tires. My vote would be to protect your investment with rock sliders, heavy dudy bumpers and maybe some body armor. Also as several people have pointed out, move the mirrors.

Bacon

Thanks for the post Bacon. You sparked my interest. I researched it and the Rubicon comes with 32 inch Mud terrains like Moose Knuckles said. Yeah, that knocked tires down the list for me for sure. I was planning on going with 33's but a "free" set of 32s will keep me happy at least until I get another Afghanistan tour out of the way. Definatley going with the Bumper. Probably going to pass on the rear bumper for awhile because I got the tow bar option from the factory.

JK bumpers look like crap other than the recessed lights which I like. The TJ's bumper was do-able once you removed the spare gas jugs from the sides.

Back