dealership window stickers

bugleboy

any of you guys still have your window stickers? found mine today, i feel like its a birth certificate for my jeep lol

image-3621068447.jpg

Attachments

• image-3044591290.jpg
    image-3044591290.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 149
  • image-2264005879.jpg
    image-2264005879.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 143

Don't have mine for my Jeep but I have the one for my dad's Dodge truck he bought in 1974.
Less trade in he paid $2,499.00 and his payments were $67.00 monthly.
I still have the truck

Attachments

• Photo457 (2).jpg
    Photo457 (2).jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 225
i love how theres an estimated annual fuel cost of $900 for my cherokee lol ill tell you, with my declining mileage and the prices of gas, im paying alot more than that, plus it was $21,000 new and now its valued at $3,000 :/

Since this Jeep was the first new vehicle I ever bought, I put the window sticker in my Jeep folder with other purchase/maintenance docs. They had never stuck it to the window so it's in perfect condition too. I will pass it on to the next owner when that time comes.

I worked at a Chevy dealership when I was 16, you wouldn't believe how anal some people would get over removing a window sticker. Chevy used to glue them all over and you had to soak it down with windex and ease it off with a razor blade. It was hard not to tear them. They finally went to a glue strip at the top and bottom.

Does your Jeep get the gas mileage the sticker shows?

I still have my window sticker. It's in one of the drawers of my tool chest. My husb thought I was silly for keeping it. It's my first new car, my first jeep, and hopefully a jeep that I will ride and maintain for a couple decades. I love my baby... Is that so wrong? :D

flatie46 said:
I worked at a Chevy dealership when I was 16, you wouldn't believe how anal some people would get over removing a window sticker. Chevy used to glue them all over and you had to soak it down with windex and ease it off with a razor blade. It was hard not to tear them. They finally went to a glue strip at the top and bottom.

Does your Jeep get the gas mileage the sticker shows?

maybe new but now i get about 13-14mpg

the guy i got mine from said he had the original for it but i never saw it. i gave him the original for the 87 cherokee i swapped him for though

20100208173651-1.jpg

20100208173702-1.jpg

20100208173711-1.jpg

man, 12 year difference between the two cherokees and totally different fuel injection systems and one is 4x4 while one is 2x4 and the same gas mileage.

i don;t know, that is odd.

everyone hates that old renix fuel injection but i tell you, i never had a bit of trouble with it. and once i put that oversized throttle body on it, it was like a whole different hot rod engine

I emailed my VIN to Jeep customer service (check out the Jeep web site). They were able to email me a copy of the original invoice in about two days! That was about 2 years ago for my 2002 Jeep. I was amazed they could/would do it, and it has made me a loyal Jeep fan.

I still have my build sheet as well which is pretty cool but here is my window sticker. I sure don't get 16/20. Don't think I ever did. When I was driving a mix of city/hwy I'd get between 15 and 16 pretty consistently but now that I drive city only I get between 12-13. Luckily I'm putting fewer miles on it.

I love the "built especially for" at the top. :D

Attachments

• sticker.JPG
    sticker.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 384

I still have my window sticker. It's in one of the drawers of my tool chest. My husb thought I was silly for keeping it. It's my first new car, my first jeep, and hopefully a jeep that I will ride and maintain for a couple decades. I love my baby... Is that so wrong? :D
Wow! A chick with a Jeep and a tool chest! Your husbands a lucky guy.

you guys got to look for them, hard. look around aviation repair places. there were a lot of chicks who went to a&p school with me. and lots of chicks work at the helicopter repair place i work at

superj said:
you guys got to look for them, hard. look around aviation repair places. there were a lot of chicks who went to a&p school with me. and lots of chicks work at the helicopter repair place i work at

That's how you knew it was an r-44! Hahaha

Back