TPMS and Power Mirror

monkeymaster

Hello
Newbie here

Picked up a 2007 Liberty sport v6 auto 4wd.
The previous owner installed alloy rims and tires from "he said" a 2008 Cherokee, however they look a lot like my Wifes 2008 Nitro rims. Both mopars so one would think the tpms would be the same, butttt we all know ma mopar did some other than logical things in the past.
Anyhow, the tire inflation light is on, obviously the tpms is not jiving with the brains in the Jeep, so other than going to a shop or buying a tpms scan/program tool, is there a way to "reset" or eliminate this warning light ?

2nd, the power mirrors do not work, other than the checking to make sure it has power and a good fuse, what should I look for, or at ?

This will be my 5th Jeep product in the last 30 years.
Thanks in advance

Real chargers have only 2 doors !

Last edited:

Being it is getting cold out first make sure the correct tire pressure is in them.

If you receive a low-tire-pressure monitoring system (TPMS) warning light while driving and you want to clear or turning off the warning light on your Jeep Liberty, follow these instructions:

Make sure the vehicle is at a complete stop
The shift lever is in N (for manual transmission) or the shift lever is in P (for Automatic transmission/CVT models)

Adjust the tire inflation pressure recommended on the tire placard
The tire placard located on the door panel.

Driving for a few miles (kilometers), calibration will complete after 20 minutes of cumulative driving at least 25 km/h (16 mph), and then verify that it turns off.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
BTW for the mirrors. Check the wiring in the door hinge area. These wires get flexed in this area and may break there.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Back