1 Starbucks coffee = sleeping on the couch

Utah_jeepster

Super Moderator
The world is out to get me in trouble. And its succeeding very well at it.
Take this fine Sunday morning, we woke up late, long night at the bar, my wife suggested that I run over to safeway and pick up the makings of biscuits and gravy, a Kentucky receipt of hers.
So as a little boy who knows hes going to get a special treat, I scamper off to safeway to pick up the fix-ins.
We as any good jeeper I always start off looking in the magazine rack for any off-road magazines that have JEEP articles.
This is where my troubles begin, for today that is.

Safeway and Starbucks aren't stupid, they placed the Starbucks kiosk right next to the magazine rack so dumb men (like me) would be open to suggestion like a nice cold frappicino mocha on this warm morning. Being that dumb man I said yes...mistake #1.

So absent mindfully I proceeded to pick the biscuits and sausage. Looking in the meat racks I see pork spare ribs 1.99 lbs$. So I have another dumb man moment and say to my self hummm BBQ ribs for tonights dinner sounds good! Thinking here guys, a bad thing for men.
So I pick up two packages of spare ribs...mistake #2.
Well ribs are good but its even better with home made cole slaw, I know a receipt that just tastes likes KFC's secret receipt. So I need a few more things...cabbage, butter milk..ect ect. Mistake #3!

After a pleasant trip through the check out line I drive home where my real trouble starts.
Smiling I walk through the door saying "honey I am home", thinking shes going to be happy that "I" thought of dinner for her. That is when I notice the "T" bone steaks sitting on the counter, ruh roh! At that very moment she notices the Starbucks in my hand...oh *#$@! "And where is mine", she asks?
"Ummm," I reply.
"Don't tell me you bought yourself a Starbucks and didn't get me one"?
"Ummm" (not a very good answer I know but it was all I could come up with at the time).
"Well I see who you really love now".
"Ummm but honey".
"Don't you honey me..."

Needless to say I am now HIDING in my computer room writing this letting to all of you, now knowing its a bad thing to think, when all you was told to do was get biscuits and sausage for gravy.
Thinking is bad...and this world knows how to get me in trouble just going to the store for biscuits and sausage.

Last edited:

You need to earn brownie points before you can only bring home 1 starbucks.

This is why I spent my Sunday mornin clipping coupons in the Sunday paper for my mom (I got to watch the indycar race at the same time, so I was happy)

Lol!! Been there done that. Not good. I found out though that a 3 piece reeses peanut butter cups does the trick.

Did you end up getting your biscuits and gravy?

Sent from my DROID2 using the Jeepz.com app

Did you end up getting your biscuits and gravy?
Biscuits and gravy was outstanding...The ribs soaked in Apple cider vinegar for 12 hours then BBQ'ed was the coup-de-grace of the weekend.
After dinner she told me ok for this you can sleep in our bed tonight.

My wife must be used to me being like that. It wouldn't even have raised an eyebrow here. Last time I said I was going to a strip club with the guys she got up and walked out of the room. I thought I'd made her mad, she came back with some money and said this is all the ones I've got have a good time, call me if you drink too much to drive.

my wife is hte same way. as long as she knows where and when i'll be home.

i'm not into the strip clubs though so she is lucky. i would rather be home playing with the boys and bbq-ing or working on the jeep

flatie46 said:
My wife must be used to me being like that. It wouldn't even have raised an eyebrow here. Last time I said I was going to a strip club with the guys she got up and walked out of the room. I thought I'd made her mad, she came back with some money and said this is all the ones I've got have a good time, call me if you drink too much to drive.

My wife would come with.

Biscuits and gravy was outstanding...The ribs soaked in Apple cider vinegar for 12 hours then BBQ'ed was the coup-de-grace of the weekend.
After dinner she told me ok for this you can sleep in our bed tonight.

I was going to ask.......after the original post..........which wife????? But now that you're in Arizona, the joke doesn't work so well. From the results of it all, I would say it is the RIGHT wife!!.............Funny stuff, anyway!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Back