258 POWER!!!

gonzo891

it has come that time where i need more power. what are some angles that i can take to squeeze every ounce of power out of my old I6. i'm on a very tight buget though. thanks alot[addsig]

what do you have done so far? [addsig]

Tough to do on a tight budget. I'd first increase air into and out of the engine, replacing the stock intake and exhaust with free-flowing aftermarket setups. Check your catalytic converter, it may slowly choke your exhaust as it goes bad. Make sure the carb is adjusted properly.

If you have installed tires large than stock, best improvement would be to regear the axles to put your engine back in the proper rpm range, however, not cheap :lol: [addsig]

have you tried an Ignition up-grade what you use is a 81 ford f-150 300cid {i-6}
distributor cap base, dis cap, rotor, plug wires, Ignition coil..supost to be better then the
HEI

edited by: cj7503, Mar 13, 2003 - 07:02 PM[addsig]

If you're up to it i'd highly recommend this...way more power for your buck...and i have the parts here at home if you're interested, just need the gaskets...i was about to do the conversion til i bought a mopar 318 that i'm dropping in my cj...http://www.off-road.com/jeep/new/40conv.html...oh by the way...my parts are out of an 87 cherokee...i have the head, pushrods, valve cover, and manifold...everything but the gaskets. Let me know...beefy85cj@hotmail.com[addsig]

by the way...the top of this article explains how this conversion works...http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep/40Head/40Head.htm...goodluck!
[addsig]

have you tried an Ignition up-grade what you use is a 81 ford f-150 300cid {i-6}
distributor cap base, dis cap, rotor, plug wires, Ignition coil..supost to be better then the
HEIedited by: cj7503, Mar 13, 2003 - 07:02 PM

I am going to try this tomorrow--- i am a little unsure about
how to hook up the ignition coil thoug-- it is a direct swap?

[addsig]

Back