33" street tires?

arick793

I just bought a 91 Wrangler with a 5 speed/ 4.0 and a 6 inch lift kit. The previous owner replaced both axles with 4.10's from a 4 cylinder. It came with 33" mud tires, but I plan on doing mostly street driving. Is there a place where I can get 33" street tires that'll fit a stock 15" rim? I could use 31 or 32 inch tires too, I just wanted 33's to keep my highway RPM's down. Road noise is the biggest deal, because I have a newborn. Thanks for any help!

I just put the metric equ. to a 33 12.5 16 on my DD, I am running the Pro Comp Xtreme AT's and I love them. Actually took my pick up off road (in Rocks too) for the first time with them and I really liked them, on road, no different than the wrangler GSA'a that were on there originally.

The short answer is yes, several manufacturers will make a tire that is about that diameter with a street tread. Of course, if you have a funky rim, then you might have trouble (for instance, I don't know if you'll be able to find a 33" diameter street tire that fits a 15x10" rim). You almost certainly could get an AT (all terrain) tire that would match up perfectly with your MT tire. A true street tread tire will be harder, but is probably doable. I'd just go to a good tire shop, explain my problem, and let them do the math. There are any number of standard to metric converters on the web, if you want to do it yourself, though.

Back