33's 0r 35's

ROade

cj tailgate on a yj

Ive installed a 4 inch suspension lift and 1 inch lift shackles on my 82 cj7.
I have a set of 15x14 bart wheels for it.
Should I run 35x15.50x15 Swamper Tsl/sx or
33x15.50x15 Swamper Tsl/sx
or maybe swampers ssr's
Any thoughts on clearance issues?

better ride?

Stock gears? 33's. You'll have much more room for flex, too

What axle gear ratio? Engine? Transmission?

What's the intended use of the jeep? What type of wheelin?

Tough to consider the TSL/SX against the SSR, one's a very tough bias-ply and the other is a less aggressive radial tire.

Ive swapped in a built 304 V8 , T-176 Transmission and a Danna 300.
Probally about 60/40 on / off road. Mostly muddin and a few small hills.
Still have stock axles/gears,I plan to change axles , but not right now.
Probally will go with the 33's.
Tsl/SX or ssr's ?

The TSL/SX will rule the mud, much better than the SSR. The SSR drives better onroad and is siped for better wetroad traction. TSL/SX is much stronger, can't hardly hurt it offroad. TSL/SX will flatspot when sitting a while, but works out in 5min of roadtravel. TSL/SX will be heavier and tougher to balance.

Choice is ultimately yours.

I love my TSL/SX, but I have a second set of tires for the road. Don't get me wrong, I'll drive the TSL/SX up to 2hours to get to the trail and they're okay.

thanks guys !!!
im leaning towards the tsl/sx's
gotta get ride of some spare parts before I buy em
I'll post on my site
http://www.geocities.com/limp_n2001/[url] Oh Yea I can add yall's rides if you email me pics/specs

hey man, i was wondering where about in SC do you live and also wondering how much you'd want for just the d300 t-case? pm me back

I have the 33x15.5s Sup. Swampers & feel they are hard to beat for off road use but really dislike them for onroad. 35s are great but will put a fair amount of strain on your stock drivetrain.

numbersevn

the 35s might work. theres not much flax to a cj. and it you do break an axle it would be a good excuse to upgrade. the AMC20 has a bad rap too. i plan on running 36s on mine. with a chevy350 pushin it all.

I think I'm gonna do the 33x15.50/15's on my 15x14 bart wheels
probally the tsl/sx
gotta sell some of my extra cj stuff first
installed new power steering gear box and new stabilizer today
allready swapped in a built 304 , t 176 transmission, 4 inch lift and 1 inch lift shacklesnext will be tires ,then axles

TJ Questions, Lift, Brakes, etc........

Go with the 1piece axleshafts for the 20 and you should be fine. 14" is awfully wide for a rim, not really needed for a 15.5" tire.

Thanks, all...

I live in Sumter, work in Columbia
Do you know any1 looking for cj parts?
engine,trans,transfer case,guages,wiring ,etc ?
selling stuff cheap

Need a Dana 30 for a TJ

4.2 liter 258 w/ webber carb, t-4 transmission,dana 300 transfer case,guages,new in box hydro 8000 shocks (0-4 inch lift) w/ red boots,wiring harness,other small parts

Back