33x10.5r16 on a rubicon

yelrubi16

lockers

ok new tire time is comming i have a 04 rubicon with the 4.11 rearend and its an automatic (4 speed) i have 2 inchs of lift will i notice ahuge drop in anything....should i put them on or stay with the 31's

I just put a set of 33X10.50X15 BFG Mud Terrains on my Wrangler Sahara, mounted on Standard 8" rims, and they clear by a hair. The jeep has a 4" lift, the 2" should be ok, unless you use a wheel with a big offset.

The place they may rub is in the front on hard turns.

You will notice a little drop in power, but, the 4.11 gears should be fine with a 33" tire.

RE: transmission leak

They should fit fine if it is a budget boost (spacers). The Rubi has springs that sit 1" higher than other TJ's, so if it is a 2" lift via replacement coil springs then you have only actually lifted your Rubi an inch from it's stock stance. You mentioned a 16", so I assume you are using the stock wheels? You may rub the lower control arms when the wheels are turned all the way to each side, but I can't say for sure if it will be an issue or not. I wouldn't let that stop me personally as you could always adjust the steering stops slightly.

So a 2" BB on a Rubi would sit 3" higher than a stock TJ (all models other than Rubicon) which should clear the narrow 33's. You may have some tire rub if you disconnect your swaybar and take it on a trail though.

Your stock 4.11 gears should be ok.

I say go for it if it is a BB. If not it will be tight.

RE: YJ STUFF

You'll be fine. From what I've seen only the rear springs in a Rubi are taller than a stock TJ's. I helped a buddy put a BB on his RUBI and we added a pair of stock .75" coil isolators to the front to help level things out.

Those tires will fit fine, you won't notice much of a power drop.

Back