4.0 trans issues

jeepjeep!

Have an 04 grand, 4.0 . 126k on it and recently did a filter and fluid change. Few days later went wheelin and the engine light came on and it was driving as if it were slipping, press the gas and it would go slowly, When i read the code it said govener pressure sensor circuit low. Also when taking the pan down at work i found i pretty good piece of metal. Cleared the code and all was normal until about two weeks later same code and same prob, cleared it again and back to normal. Now no light and shifts and drives like always except sometimes here in the last few days its been shifting hard into second. If your at a red light and take off and let off the gas just as it wants to go to second it jerks ,not hard but harder than you wanna feel it jerk! If you dont have to slow down and can just drive from stop til whatever speed it is perfect?Could it be the sensor problem? Or just me? Any help apprecited

No, just a jerk if you let off as it wants to shift. I clunks pretty good but if you stay on the gas and let it shift its smooth as ever, sometimes in my neighborhood though you have to drive so slow so it does it alot right in town

Any other concerns. Are the u joints tight. Etc. what type of metal was in the pan. Was it brass, cast. Aluminum.

Alum will be part of the case. If a peice broke off say where a clutch splines to when you get apply or shift in torque say letting off throttle it will move more than normal giving you a clunk. But there could also be play elsewhere. T case. Etc.

Yea fluid level is good and i used smartblend friction modifier. Maybe im just letting off juast as its bout to shift and it jerks back down. No leaks on trans and i changed the tcase fluid too? Hmm just thought of something. The tcase uses atf but does it also call for the atf4? Im gonna look tomorrow at work, Im a manager at a quick lube so im always on top of maintenance lol

Yup. It superceeds all other ATF buy Chrysler. You go to Chrysler and ask for ATF 2, or 3. You get a bottle of 4.

I use a penz brand atf and smartblend synthetic friction mod to convert to 4 and have never had problems from any customers or me knock in wood

I have a 99 Grand Cherokee Larado and i channged the filter and fluid also and had the same problem as you but i also adjusted the bands you mite want to try that and see whats happens. Now ur transmission mite not be adjustable i dnt no but id be a lil conserned with a chunk of metal in ur pan.

Back