4.3 chevy into a YJ

Vanover

I was wondering has any one ever used the 5-speed manual that came with the 4.3 chevy? All the info I can find is that a NV3500 came with the year model I've got. I dont know if theres an adapter made to do it or not. Thanks for the help.

Advanced adapters, or novak should have any adapter you are looking for. I have a advanced adapter conversion book some where laying around, I will see if I can find it this morning and look. As far as the NV3500 coming in your yj, I dont think they did. I no expert on yj,s so I could be completly wrong.

I believe it was a 3500 used behind the 4.3L engines. You can do like I'm planning and use the front half of a 231c transfer case and the rear half of a 231j transfer case, to avoid the use of expensive adapters.

Depending on the year of the 4.3L, you may need to incorporate a VSS somewhere in the system, not sure if it's necessary with the manual transmission.

Thanks for the help guys and I thought I read a thread from BH about useing the back half of a 231-c. Ive also been thinking the same amount of work and I coulda had a V-8 what do you all think. and I'm not to savvy on posting replies, not been ignoring y'all just been ignorant on my part ha ha. Thanks

I can do some tradin with a guy who has a 2001 Chevy 4wd 4.8 with a 5-speed, the Jeep gods have smiled at this guy, If it works out how would I keep the electronics happy and handle the wiring. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vanover said:
I can do some tradin with a guy who has a 2001 Chevy 4wd 4.8 with a 5-speed, the Jeep gods have smiled at this guy, If it works out how would I keep the electronics happy and handle the wiring. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For a long time we couldn't get the tach to read right with chevys ecm. But I read some where that painless wiring has for a box adapter that allows jeeps instrument cluster to be used with a Chevy ecm. A quick call to painless wiring tech line will answer that.

Sent from my PG86100 using Jeepz

Thanks if the trade gets worked out Im givin painless a call

Just my 2 cents call novac or advance adapter to be sure there is adapters for that swap. Or just use all the GM parts. Trans and transfer

Back