4Wheel low,low,low,low

mud4feet

I saw this on another forum (4bangersunlimited - thanx for the link Bounty):

Jeep Grand Cherokee Scales Penn Plaza

Chrysler Group took to the skies of Manhattan to launch its all-new 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Thursday as the SUV scaled the side of the 30-story building at 2 Penn Plaza next to Madison Square Garden.

The event and photo-opportunity drew as many as 500,000 craning heads as the SUV was pulled up the side of the building on the window-washing tracks. Contrary to appearances, it did not go up the side of the building under its own steam. No scantily clad women emerged from the SUV when it reached the top of the building through some onlookers had been hopeful.

Sales and marketing chief Joe Eberhard said he chose New York City to kick off the brand synonymous with off-roading because the new Grand Cherokee answers customer demands that every new Jeep have on-road manners as good as its off-road capability. "What better place to talk about how well it does on road than the streets of New York?" said Eberhard. The Northeast is the brand's top selling region.

Though the Jeep did not fall off the building, consumers can relive the Jeep Grand Cherokee climb at www.jeep.com/climb or at any of the participating Jeep dealerships nationwide.

Two Penn Plaza, which is located above one of the largest commuter stations in New York is among the busiest commercial districts in the country. A Chrysler spokesman on the scene said he did not know until the night before the event that the intersection of 33rd Street and 7th Avenue opposite the building was dominated by huge Nissan Pathfinder billboard. Oh well. -Jim Burt

No scantily clad women??? What in hell's underwear is happening to this world?

I would rather have seen it do that without the cable attached.

The streets of NYC is like offroading anyway. I dont understand how stupid this is. If its good off road its good in NY :)

"What better place to talk about how well it does on road than the streets of New York?"

I'm not against them improving the on-road ride.....I don't really see why they chose that aspect of the vehicle to concentrate on........not against it though. It just sucks that they have to make it LESS capable in order to convince a bunch of idiots that it is now better at something that it had no problems with before. My parents are diehard Lincoln Navigator fans, they've had a new one every two years since they came out. They ALMOST went for a Grand this time because of how good ours rides, but it isn't big enough.
Which begs the question: Why the hell is Jeep wasting money designing IFS and V6s when a whole new market of consumers are begging them to offer a product? Where is the Rescue?!?!?!?! The Liberty brought up the same questions when it came out. THAT is the replacement for the Cherokee? :roll: How much do you want to bet that when a fullsize Jeep does come out, it is sitting on a Dodge Ram truck frame?....just like the H2 is built :shock:
Daimler-Chrysler sucks. I know, they gave us the Rubicon and the Unlimited.....but they still suck. If the Wrangler gets IFS, I think we should pull the troops out of the middle east and just go ahead and kick Germany's a$$ again.

Bring back the big old wagoneers and put a cd player in the roof in the back already why dont they.

Screw the rescue. Thats just an h2 grudge threat attack. The unlimitted rubicon is all we need from Jeep. They should have long armed it though. They should long are all Jeeps for a better ride on and off the road. They suck cause there dumb.

Paragon oct. 23

Daimler-Chrysler sucks. I know, they gave us the Rubicon and the Unlimited.....but they still suck. If the Wrangler gets IFS, I think we should pull the troops out of the middle east and just go ahead and kick Germany's a$$ again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Hopefully the Wrangler won't go the way of the good ol' Volkswagen Beetle!

Ok, I think I see where they were trying to go with this, and it is a heck of a promotion, but in all reality, I think that one could cable-pull any vehicle up the side of a building, be it Jeep, minivan, corvette, go-kart, sedan, golf cart, etc... etc...

Advertising is a funny thing. I notice that, for the most part, Jeep commercials usually reflect their off-road heritage, where other 4X4 commercials don't... Case in point, that Hummer commercial, where the mom's all worried about dropping off her kids at school, and then the kid goes walking through the crowd of tough-looking kids, but it's all cool, because mom dropped them off in a Hummer... Hmm... Sort of says it all, I think. When I think Jeep, however, I think rutted out path, blasting along through the trees and mud to reach your destination, a little bit of paradise in the middle of nowhere (at least, that's how it works for me...) I don't think about the possibility of tying a cable to it, and parking it on the side of my house...

Hmm...

And, incidentally, I would like to see them start that vehicle up after that... Last I recall, things like coolant tanks and transmissions were not designed to hold their fluids very well after being held in a vertical position.

Back