97 TJ tail lights won't turn on help!

tekkk

Hi all, Thank you in advance for your help. I'm a newbie here, but figured this is the place to be to ask advice and to give also.
My daughter's 97' TJ's rear light's won't come on when you turn on the headlights. The Brake lights work fine, as do the turn signals. I have checked all the fuses behind the glove box and the one's under the hood. They all ohm'd out good. The only clue I seem to have that it wasn't a bad fuse, is that the parking (running) lights come on at the front end of the Jeep. I have the wiring diagrams but there are about 10 pages with the lights. Including an area that says it's for "Export Build" whatever that is. Has anyone ever had this problem? If so, what fixed it? I'm going crazy trying to figure this out.
thanks!!
SDavis:redface:

did you check fuse? are all the grounds hooked up ? bulbs good? check these first before going crazy into this most likly fuse or ground

Well Tekkk, if what 54cj3b said does not work I noticed you live in N.C. also. We could meet somewhere, I have a good set of wire cutters! HAHAHA Just kidding!!!
welcome to jeepz.

Back