98 Wrangler replacement radiator

birkie48

I'm looking for suggestions on where I can find a new radiator, current one developed a leak in the corner of the top cap. Repair shops informed me that the new style radiators are too thin to repair (basically throw away), I could not find any new ones at local automotive stores. The dealer wants $340 +.
Has anyone purchased a radiator through an on-line store that can give me a good or bad recommendation. Thanks guys.
Birkie48[addsig]

When mine developed a leak, I just did a "Google" search on the internet to find local distributors. I ended up finding one out of the Houston area that specifically sold radiators (the name escapes me)...it cost around $240 or $250 can't remember for sure. I know that it was considerably cheaper than the dealership's alternative! Good luck, Patti[addsig]

I did this in my 91 my problem was that I didnt have enough radiator, all i did was measure the size look at about where the hoses came out went to a junk yard and bought one out of a for ranger truck from the mid 80,s the years they came out with the small one, works fine was kinda hard making a bracket for it but zip ties are the best things to happen to jeeps i dont know how to insert a pic in my text or I would do a snap shot. also make sure the neck is in about the same place so it doesnt interfer with your hood latch. or if you want and the hole is not that big get some jb weld that stuff will hold anything together for along time my freind hit a wall in his 79 pushed radiatior aginst his fan ripped a hole about an inch and half long in it put some jb on it never leaked since

edited by: marc, Jan 31, 2003 - 04:24 PM[addsig]

I've got a good friend that works in a radiator shop, and he built a 4 row radiator for me for when i get ready to do my 350 convert. The best part was, he did it for free as an experiment.[addsig]

That's what I was going to say... My 97 sprung a leak 2-3 months back. I ordered from them. It was there
the next day. All metal core. good stuff. Haven't checked the radiatorbarn. Compare the total price of each
and let us know.

Cooper. [addsig]

Thanks for the tips. FYI I went to CarRadiator.com and was impressed.
The dealer offered a two row standard radiator for $340. CarRadiator.com sold me a three row heavy duty steel radiator for $159. Then shipped it 2nd day delivery for an additional $9. Hope this helps anyone looking for one in the future.
Thanks again for the tips[addsig]

I just got my radiator replaced in my 98 TJ SE. Ran me about $400 bucks after all was said and done with the dealership, and as you can imagine im never going back to the dealership ever again.[addsig]

Back