All over the road!!!

CJZ JEEP

HEY FELLOW JEEPZ,

I DON'T MEAN TO SOUND SO SILLY, BUT I JUST GOT DONE INSTALLING A 4" PRO COMP LIFT ON MY '78 CJ7, AND I GOT TO THE STABILIZER BAR AND THE CONNECTION LINKS WERE SHORT...OF COURSE. WELL I CALLED 4WD AND THEY SAID ALOT OF PEOPLE JUST TAKE THE STABILIZER OFF AND ROLL. I DONT KNOW IF IT IS BECAUSE IT IS 46 DEGREES OUT AND I HAVE NO DOORS OR TOP (SO WORTH THE RIDE, ONE YEAR IN THE MAKING) OR THE IDEA OF DITCH IT AND RUN BUT I WAS TOTALLY WHITE KNUCKLING IT HOME. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO HANDLE THIS. GET EXTENDED CONNECTION LINKS AND WHERE IS A GOOD PLACE TO GET THEM. ANY ADVISE HERE WOULD BE GREAT, BECAUSE IT LOOKS TOUGH BUT A LIL SCARY TO DRIVE :p

:)THANKS ALL

It's true that some people run without a steering stabilizer, meaning the shock, like this:

980d1201477637t-installing-steering-stabilizer-3.jpg

Are you talking about the thing that looks like a shock, or something else?

Hey thanks for the speedy response its actually the sway bar that i removed. The connection links seemed too short. I do still have the steering stabilizer on the jeep. What would you do?

Thanks again
jay

Most lift kits come with extended swaybar links. It's common to disconnect the swaybar when you are offroad, so that your wheels can travel more, but on the road you'll get more body roll (as you turn corners the Jeep will lean). You want to get what's called "sway bar disconnects", or commonly "discos".

These are what I use, but they're on the pricey side
Front Sway Bar Disconnect by JKS? and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware-RH2

its all over the road, like you have to make alot of corrections to the steering wheel while driving? did you get it aligned after putting hte lift on? sounds like your toe is off or the caster is off

I had a CJ with the sway bar MIA, after about a week of daily driving I was driving it like a sports car either you will get use to it or buy quick connects.

yeah i need an alignment for sure, but do you think i should spend the money on the connects or see what happens after the alignment?

Definetly spend the money; makes city driving so much better, and allows the suspension to flex for offroading.

get the alignment first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is the number one thing you do after any suspension changing.

The swaybar is not there to keep you going straight down the road. Your problem is alignment, castor and camber settings. They need to be redone after installing a lift.

HEY FELLOW JEEPZ,

I DON'T MEAN TO SOUND SO SILLY, BUT I JUST GOT DONE INSTALLING A 4" PRO COMP LIFT ON MY '78 CJ7, AND I GOT TO THE STABILIZER BAR AND THE CONNECTION LINKS WERE SHORT...OF COURSE. WELL I CALLED 4WD AND THEY SAID ALOT OF PEOPLE JUST TAKE THE STABILIZER OFF AND ROLL. I DONT KNOW IF IT IS BECAUSE IT IS 46 DEGREES OUT AND I HAVE NO DOORS OR TOP (SO WORTH THE RIDE, ONE YEAR IN THE MAKING) OR THE IDEA OF DITCH IT AND RUN BUT I WAS TOTALLY WHITE KNUCKLING IT HOME. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO HANDLE THIS. GET EXTENDED CONNECTION LINKS AND WHERE IS A GOOD PLACE TO GET THEM. ANY ADVISE HERE WOULD BE GREAT, BECAUSE IT LOOKS TOUGH BUT A LIL SCARY TO DRIVE :p

:)THANKS ALL

Why you yelling we are not deaf !!!!!!!

Back