and yet another problem with the jeep!!

cjseven84

okay heres the deal when i start my jeep in the mornin and drvie it to school its abotua 2m ile drive then when i shut my engine off and then try to re crank it right after i turn it off it dosent seem to want to start its almost like my battery is dead but i just replaced it but then when i let it sit for about a hour or so it will start right up. does anyone have a clu to whats wrong??[addsig]

Drop your starter and bring it into a pepboys if you have one nearby. They will check them for free. It sounds to me like starter troubles.[addsig]

wait... so when you go to crank it over the second time, does the starter turn at all? if it does, it is probably a weak battery (intermittent)... if it doesn't turn at all, it could be any number of things: starter relay, any number of sensors, NSS, ignition, etc...[addsig]

i'd say your alternator..have that tested...certain batteries...like my interstate (very expensive one)...recharge or rejuvinate themselves after a couple hours of sitting...my guess is if you start it once...drive it 5-10 mins, your alternator doesn't deliver enough charge for the next start...so you let it sit a half hour...it recharges itself...and bam starts without a problem...have your alternator tested...sounds right to me...but then again...it could be a far off theory.[addsig]

is this the same jeep you are selling?[addsig]

it sounds to me like it is your starter solenoid. It could be as simple as a bad connection.You know heat expands and cold contracts. When it sits for a while the contact is good but when you warm it up the contact pulls away. Worth a try.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

flyboy is on the money,,,,,,,,,,,,, solenoid needs a heat shield... or i should say your new solenoid needs a heat shield...
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back