B&M Shifter....will it fit????

montana_jeepn

My B&M shifter I ordered from 4wd Hardware arrived today (part# 45048). In their catalog they advertise it as fitting 1999-2004 TJ's, but when it arrived, the label says 1999-2001?????????? Will this fit my 2003 TJ? Was their any changes between 2001 and 2003? Thanks!!

M_J

I think they switched from the AX15 to the NV3500 or 3550, not for sure. Either way sounds like they sent you the wrong one. Anybody else help with the changeover years on these trannies?

Well I answered my question the hard way, along with some misguidance from 4wd Hardware. Well, I am here to tell you, do not buy the B&M shifter for the 1999-01 TJ's if you have an 03. It installs fine, but when you shift to 1st, 3rd, or 5th, you rap you knuckles on the dash. So I am going to call 4wd tomorrow and see what we can work out since they were the ones that told me it would fit.

Another thought, how hard would it be to bend a shifter? I would only need a few degrees to make it work. Anyone had any similar situations? Prob should just send it back but it was a thought. :) Thanks!

M_J

Just a little heat from a acetylene torch and bend it back, then you'll have to touch it up with some paint. If you don't have access to a torch, pick up an inexpensive Mapp/Oxy combo, that'll give you the heat you need.

What bounty said.
We do this when Instaling body lifts.
Helps to have 2 people ( one to torch and not burn anything. Other to push/pull the shifter)
Whats the B&M made out of? If its billit it won't need much heat. It its steel Get it Red.

Well I bent it! And it worked perfectly!!! Thank you very much! This is one of the best upgrades I have done to my Jeep yet! Very pleased with it now. Thanks again!

M_J

Back