back-up lights don't work?

starrinth

What's the best way to find out what wire is not correct. It's not the lights inside, I've checked those, but they are good so I'm gonna have to trace the wires. :-? [addsig]

mine dont either.... just install a tractor light in the rear, and wire it up
[addsig]

The best possible way is to find the wire in the fron of the vehicle and in the rear, use a multi-meter snd test for continuity. (the meter should beep) if it doesn't, you have a cut wire. if it does, test the continuity between the wire and the body of the jeep (any good ground) if that beeps, then you have a wire that is most likely exposed and is "grounding out" and most likly either blew out a fuse or if it is an older vehicle, it might be a fusable link. If the meter still does no beep, you might want to check the switch at the transmission.[addsig]

Some wire a toggle switch and and lets say 500,000 cadle watts in one neat little package! My favorite toy on my jeep I can see to back up anywhere and jerks tailgaten me at night can't see anything! Tug :evil: [addsig]

Know that a good idea tug blind em then hit the brakes then you will have money for your lift. :evil: [addsig]

OH yeah Its likely to be the switch on your transmission thats preventing the lights from working as your light are all on the same fuse and it isn't blown or you would be asking about them also.[addsig]

Ya, usually the reverse switch that threads into the side of the transmission. If you don't want to replace it, just splice a switch into the wires coming from it and operate the light manually, just don't forget to turn it off :roll: [addsig]

Check the connector at the transmission, maybe it's been ripped off during a recent trip?
[addsig]

Varies from state to state and area to area just call and ask you local DOT folks. Tug[addsig]

i had a lighted switch for my back up lights and the bulb burned out i drove around the city blinding everyone behind me. whoops. the police pulled me over and set me straight. s..t happens lol[addsig]

Back