bleeder valve

Snitty

Jeep in Isabel

just because i'm too lazy to go look under a friend's jeep on the wet ground... where is the clutch slave bleeder on the 92 ax5?

does a stock TJ have a rear tow point???

On an 87 it was on the end of a tube that will move and make you think it is loose near the base of the bell houseing and Transmission split area. I think it was just to the drivers side of the jeep. Is that vague enough for you. hehehehe tug

i looked on his jeep in the same spot mine is, and its definitely a no go... i'm wondering if something happened in the past

re

yeah, that is where i looked...i'm beginning to think that someone changed something once and didnt put it back right

I'm thinking my '95 AX5 has no bleeder valve, any air in the system just gets worked out over time. Mine had air in the system after replacing the transmission, and it worked out over a few days time. I think you have to bench bleed the clutch master cylinder if you replace it, since there is no bleeder valve.

Man that could be a real pain in the rear. No bleeder valve exposed. better not ever let the resvoure go dry. Another Chrysler idea I guess. tug

I just replaced my clutch in the spring, and had to bleed it (87 YJ 258)

If you havent already found it, it pokes out of the bellhousing on drivers side, process is simple, like doing brakes, but because of the location its a pain in the ass.

once i got it open, i put vise grips on it for easy open close, and my buddy pumped it and filled the resovoir.

hope that helped

It's on the passenger side exactly opposite from the input line... If memory serves, it pokes out in the same direction as the line going in... It will, that is, if the 92 is the same as my 91...

Driver Passenger
Input Bleeder
| |
----O----
Slave
Cylinder

edit: stupid diagram didn't work... oh well, you get the picture (so to speak)

nope... nothing... i know what to look for... and i know its not there.. i've bled my own many times.... but his petal is going almost to the floor before anything happens... we thought it might have been the gasket in the cap... but after replacing that, it was no better... no idea

Back