broke a rear leaf spring on my yj can i go stock

YuriSouder

i have a 2.5 spring lift but i just broke one of them in the back. i was thinking about just getting stock springs and putting them over my axle(they are under right now)

So will i loose flex or do stock springs work fine. n603499444_702075_4132.jpg

i want to go stock because i am in college and have no money so really price is the main thing

Installing stock springs on top of the axle (SOA) will bet 5.5" of lift, and it opens up the need for a lot of other mods for it to work correctly. SOA isn't as cheap as you may think.

I would look for a used set of 2.5" or 4" springs if on a budget.

all i would need was some new u bolts and maybe some welding

X2 what Bounty Hunter said. It is way more involved than just a couple u bolts and spring perches... just trust. (or do some homework)
That is a can of worms you do not want to open.
A couple hundred spent on new springs will save you thousands down the road. Not to mention headaches.
Just my HO.

Last edited:
Don't go spring over It is way more then it sounds like. Find a set of used springs on craigs list or go to a spring shop and have it repaired.

I would go a pair of stockers and a "Add-a-leaf" to bring her back up

Another thought . . . . length of the shocks will also come into play here. If you don't go close to where you were, You'll be buying new shocks either at the stock length of spring over. Add-a-leaf's and or shacles with stock springs would be the way to go unless you can find used ones same as you got.

Last edited:
okay this is where i am at: my shocks are old and i am going to buy a new pair, my friend has a s10 with 13in of lift and he said i could have his stockk leafs. They are compatible in length and i have shacles that add 2" of lift. I think i could make it work!

Back