broken trackbar...

mujaman

somehow i managed to snap my BDS adjustable trackbar right in two... but fortunately BDS has their 'no questions asked' warranty and i already have a new one!

my question is this... after breaking the old trackbar and having to drive a little bit without it on (just to get to the shop and back), is it imperative that i get an alignment done? and when i put the new one on, how do i know where to set the adjustment for my 3" lift?

thanks!

drop some strings and measure to get your axle centered. then make the adjustments.

i wouldn't worry about the alignment unless anything else got bent and replaced also

Ya don't sweat the alignment, usually eye-balling the tires beneath the fenders is enough to center the axle correctly.

GoJeep had a nice writeup on a quick do it yourself alignment. I've been using it for years, part of my regular front end check for loose joints etc.

Alignment

If your steering wheel was centered before you can get it pretty close as long as the wheel is centered after. You wont change total toe just the steering wheel center which you can adjust with the drag link

Back